Thunderbird meeting notes 2015-04-21. NOON PT (Pacific). Check https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings for meeting time conversion, previous meeting notes and call-in details
ATTENDEES - put your nick 1. below 2. in comments unless explicit under round table 3. top right of etherpad next to your color
mkmelin, rolandt, pegasus, makemyday jorgk, rkent, gneandr, aceman, merike, Paenglab, wsmwk
Action items from last meetings
- (rkent, Fallen) AMO addon compat: TheOne said that this late it is probably not worth doing at all. WIth so many other things for me to do, that sounds like a plan.
Friends of the tree
- glandium, for fixing the various packager bugs that will help package Lightning (nominated by Fallen, who won't be at the meeting)
Current status and discussions
Critical bugs. Leave these here until they're confirmed fixed. If confirmed, then remove.
- (rkent) I am enormously frustrated by the inability to get two critical features landed in tb 38: OAuth and Lightning integration. Can we please give this very high priority?
- OAuth integration: partial landing for beta 2, really REALLY critical that we get this finished.
- In general, the tracking-tb38 flag shows what are critical issues. In the next week or so, that list will be culled to only include true blockers for the Thunderbird 38 release. There will still be many.
- I don't think we have a reasonable chance of shipping a quality release on May 12. More realistic is June 2.
- We need to decide on how to do release branching. I am uncertain whether Lightning integration requires this or not.
- Auto-complete improvements - some could go into esr31 (bug 1042561 included in TB38)
- Lightning integration (below) really REALLY critical that we get this finished.
- maildir UI: nothing more to do for UI, still want to land a patch for letting IMAP set this.
- gloda IM search regressions: mostly fixed, some db cleanup necessary for users of TB33+ that nhnt11 will hopefully have ready to land soon.
- aleth landed a fix to stop duplicated entries from appearing, nhnt11 will take care of the cleaning up the databases of Aurora/Beta/Daily users this weekend and keep us updated
- bug 1140884, might need late-l10n
removing from critical list/fixed:
- ldap crash bug 1063829: a patch in beta 37, beta results are unclear - not seen in 38
- bug 1064230 crashes during LDAP search made worse by Search All Addressbooks bug 170270, needs tracking 38+ and review?rkent/jcranmer - not seen in 38
- everyone should probably skim http://mzl.la/1DaLo0t version 31-38 regressions for items they can help fix or direct to the right people
- 31.6.0 shipped
- 38.0b1 shipped 2015-04-03
- 38.0b2 shipped 2015-04-20
- 38.0b3 (when?)
Lightning to Thunderbird Integration
- As underpass has pointed out repeatedly (thanks for your patience!) , we need to rewrite / heavily modify the lightning articles on support.mozilla.org. let me know irc: rolandtanglao on #tb-support-crew or rtanglao AT mozilla.com OR simply start editing the articles
Unfortunately not much progress because I was away. I hope to have the packaging bits done until the weekend. Glandium did a great job on the packager.py changes, hence I nominated him for Friends of the Tree. (fallen)
MakeMyDay should comment on the opt-out dialog, I think we should get it landed asap. bug 1130852 - Opt-Out dialog had some discussion on prefs
- managed shipping of 31.6.0, 38.0b1, 38.0b2
- Core: Editor and font problems (three patches have review+ or have landed, one ongoing)
- bug 756984, bug 1141017, bug 1140105, bug 1154791
- Thunderbird: Font problems during compose, Mime problem, correspondents column
- bug 1139524, bug 1141446, bug 1148330, bug 1152706
- We have the beginnings of a business development group (rkent, wsmwk, magnus) that after signing NDAs will be given access to Thunderbird business documentation.
- bug 1134986 autocomplete bug investigated and landed on trunk +++
- still no mention at https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/extra-folder-columns that the addon should be disabled in TB38. Can anybody arrange for that? A comment and marking it incompatible in its manifest.
-- PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NICK with your bullet item --
- What happened to the Avocet branding? (Jorg K)
- won't be persued
- Info about the meeting with Mitchell Baker on 20th March 2015, funding issues (Jorg K)
- http://mzl.la/1O9khi4 can we get hiro's bugs reassigned so the patches contained can get landed, and not lost? (wsmwk)
- It would be great if some jetpack add-on support were available in thunderbird to share functionality with firefox and fennec. See also bug 1100644. No useful jetpack add-ons seem to exist for thunderbird (earlybird would be fine to use jpm over cfx). Are there any jetpack add-ons available to prove me wrong? (anaran)
(pegasus) Is it worth looking at going to a 6-week release schedule to avoid the conundrum with getting not-quite-ready features in vs delaying?
- Reminder: Roland is leaving Thunderbird May 12, 2015 after the release of Thunderbird 38: working on Thunderbird 38 plan and finally kickstarting Thunderbird User Success Council
- looking for 3 people: English KB Article Editor, L10N Coordinator and Forum Lead. Is that you we're looking for? If so email rtanglao AT mozilla.com or ping :rolandtanglao in #sumo or #tb-support-crew
- PLEASE PUT THE NEXT MEETINGS IN YOUR (LIGHTNING) CALENDAR :)
- Note - meeting notes must be copied from etherpad to wiki before 5AM CET next day so that they will go public in the meeting notes blog.
- wsmwk to pat glandium
- wsmwk to email hiro's bug list to tb-planning
- rkent to review tracking list