Thunderbird meeting notes 2015-06-16. NOON PT (Pacific). Check https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings for meeting time conversion, previous meeting notes and call-in details
wsmwk, jorgk, mkmelin, rkent, makemyday, fallen
Action items from last meetings
Friends of the tree
Current status and discussions
- use https://thunderbird.etherpad.mozilla.org/thunderbird38-support-issues to communicate version 38 issues
Leave critical bugs here until confirmed fixed. If confirmed, then remove.
- see tb38 etherpad https://thunderbird.etherpad.mozilla.org/thunderbird38-support-issues
- tracking-tb38 flags - approved(+): http://tinyurl.com/nk3vbhl nominated(?): http://tinyurl.com/pgwflyg
discussed issues potentially blocking 38.1.0 and unthrottling
- bug 1175063 - lightning calendar not installed when upgrading to thunderbird 38.0.1
- bug 1131879 - Disable hardware acceleration (HWA)
- pac proxy bug??
- (will not block) bug 1175242 - whole Inbox deleted at every start - maildir
- bug 1174485 False "Some folders ... cannot be compacted because there is not enough free disk space
- status TBD bug 1176399 Multiple requests for master password when GMail OAuth2 is enabled
- (will not block) bug 1175051PAC/socks proxy not used for TB38 IMAP
- FIXED Simplified Chinese bug 1174580 - Not display GB2312 encoded texts correctly
- FIXED by AMO block proxy not working bug 1175051 and probably related crashes
- FIXED by disabling Outlook/Eudora import completely busted: bug 1175055.
- Someone needs to add additional main thread proxies to the migration code.
- status TBD bug 1174797 Add a cookie exception for GMail OAuth
- Does not affect unthrottling since no effect unless someone tries to use OAuth. Lightning has an example of how to fix this, so should not be difficult.
removing from critical list/fixed:
- 31.6.0 shipped
- 38.0b3 shipped 2015-04-26 Sunday
- 38.0b4 shipped 2015-05-03 Sunday
- 31.7.0 2015-05-18 Monday (lots of issues - Tues 5-12 was target)
- 38.0b5 shipped 2015-05-19 Tuesday
- 38.0b6 shipped 2015-05-23
- 38.0.1 nominally shipped 2015-06-12
- 31.8.0 ?? GTB
- 38.1.0 ?? (FF GTB is June 22 release June 30.)
- 40.0b1 (skipping 39.0b)
Lightning to Thunderbird Integration
- As underpass has pointed out repeatedly (thanks for your patience!) , we need to rewrite / heavily modify the lightning articles on support.mozilla.org. let me know irc: rolandtanglao on #tb-support-crew or rtanglao AT mozilla.com OR simply start editing the articles
- tracking bug for lightning 4.0.1 bug 1177028
- bug 345852, bug 730829 Firefox stuff (persdict and "open all in tabs" for RSS feeds)
- bug 209189 - shift delete, undo -> corruption, waiting for Neil/Kent
- bug 368915 - spell check in subject, waiting for Magnus.
- bug 1175055 - Import (Eudora/Outlook) disabled, ready for ESR38
- bug 1175908, bug 1176671 - More dictionary hassle, landed, ready for ESR38
- Note: bug 1143570, bug 1173261 (copy/paste) ready for ESR38
- bug 1176719 - Add missed Win10 media queries. Should land on ESR38 (Bug 1172240 regressed the menubar appearance on Win7/8 Classic).
- I see now bug 1172240 - Add Windows 10 media queries hasn't landed on ESR38 but needs to be because core has landed the win10 media queries.
- bug 1174580 GB2312 fixed
- some taking care of the tree
- had a baby girl!
Is there interest in having someone to be a guest on FLOSS weekly to talk about Thunderbird? (https://twit.tv/shows/floss-weekly)
- discussed future non-profit model
- PLEASE PUT THE NEXT MEETING IN YOUR (LIGHTNING) CALENDAR
- Note - meeting notes must be copied from etherpad to wiki before 5AM CET next day so that they will go public in the meeting notes blog.