Thunderbird notes 2016-05-31. NOON PT (Pacific). For meeting time, previous notes and call-in details see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings
- marcoagpinto, Jorg K, ba, rkent, mkmelin, Paenglab, aceman, wsmwk, jploquin,MakeMyDay
MAIN FOCUS OF MEETING
Action items from last meetings
- clean up module owners and peers https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/MailNews_Core and https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/Thunderbird. Candidates for removal: Bienvenu, standard8, sid0, JosiahOne. rkent to attempt to update with defacto peers
- jcranmer?? Decide to move peers anyway 2016-05-31
Current status / Announcements
Current Release Critical Issues
Leave critical bugs here until confirmed fixed. If confirmed, then remove.
- tracking-tb38 flags: approved(+)+unfixed in ESR: http://mzl.la/1LDrkxP nominated(?): http://tinyurl.com/pgwflyg
- tracking matrix: http://hg.mozilla.org/users/kent_caspia.com/drivertools/raw-file/default/bugtracking/index.html
- Tree issues: https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/thunderbird-tree-status
- Please help green up the tree - including not only c-c but also esr38, beta, and aurora
- ?? what is holding up Linux builds on trunk? Edmund Wong looking at it.
important (but not top critical)
- bug 1224846 (esr45) - TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | toolkit/components/osfile/tests/xpcshell/test_read_write.js
- status TBD - bug 1182629 - update to 38.1.0 from 38.0.1 re-enables disabled Lightning
- status TBD - bug 1176399 - Multiple master password when GMail OAuth2 is enabled
- status TBD - bug 1176748 - fix main thread proxies to the migration code (jorgk and m_kato helped in past)
- proxy (eg causing foxyproxy problems)
- topcrash bug 1149287 is ** 31% of our crashes** - see below (where?)
- bug 1211291 (esr38, unknown in esr45) - Folders are visible, but messages are not. (?related to bug 1211358 lightning chrome.manifest not updated in 38.3.0 ?)
- nobody has a clue about what to do with this, leaning toward shipping 38.7.0 with not fix. (wsmwk) agree, ship without fixing it
- Problems updating to 38.6 to do with Lightning bug 1249894 and its five duplicates. Two users attached their extensions folder.
- Isn't this the same as the one above, bug 1211291?
- tracking-tb45 flags: unfixed ?/+ - http://mzl.la/1PMzNiK
- any add-ons we should block?
- Upcoming - https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar#Future_branch_dates
- 4.0.8 (bundled)
- 188.8.131.52 (bundled)
- shipped 45.1.1, 45.2beta
- bits on donation process Where do I send a check?, cancelling donation ...,
- need to file bug for the more aggressive annual campaign
- bug 1276866 - donations on start page
- bug 1239386 - donations on download page
- Donation redirects are not working
- Review of all multipart bugs: Result positive, one bug worth fixing, see above.
Friends of the tree
- Accessibility lead
- Person comfortable (not necessarily technical experts) with Core type issues. Example, graphics to guide bug 1195947 Thunderbird hardware acceleration (HWA) issues to be resolved
- Lead to run the donation campaign after TB 45 is released.