Thunderbird notes 2016-07-12. NOON PT (Pacific). For meeting time, previous notes and call-in details see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings
Jorg K, rkent, marcoagpinto,Paenglab,MakeMyDay
MAIN FOCUS OF MEETING
Action items from last meetings
- clean up module owners and peers for https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/Thunderbird
Current status / Announcements
Current Release Critical Issues
Leave critical bugs here until confirmed fixed. If confirmed, then remove.
- tracking matrix: http://hg.mozilla.org/users/kent_caspia.com/drivertools/raw-file/default/bugtracking/index.html
- leftovers of nominated 38(?) : http://tinyurl.com/pgwflyg
- Tree issues: https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/thunderbird-tree-status
important (but not top critical)
- bug 1224846 (esr45) - TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | toolkit/components/osfile/tests/xpcshell/test_read_write.js
- status TBD - bug 1182629 - update to 38.1.0 from 38.0.1 re-enables disabled Lightning fixed?
- status TBD - bug 1176399 - Multiple master password when GMail OAuth2 is enabled
- status TBD - bug 1176748 - fix main thread proxies to the migration code (jorgk and m_kato helped in past)
- proxy (eg causing foxyproxy problems)
- topcrash bug 1149287 is ** 31% of our crashes** - see below (where?)
- bug 1211291 (esr38, unknown in esr45 -- therefore obsolete? Can this be removed? I think so) - Folders are visible, but messages are not. (?related to bug 1211358 lightning chrome.manifest not updated in 38.3.0 ?)
- nobody has a clue about what to do with this, leaning toward shipping 38.7.0 with not fix. (wsmwk) agree, ship without fixing it -- fixed in 45?
- Problems updating to 38.6 to do with Lightning bug 1249894 and its five duplicates. Two users attached their extensions folder. --fixed in 45?
- Isn't this the same as the one above, bug 1211291?
- tracking-tb52 flags: unfixed ?/+ - http://mzl.la/?????
- Upcoming - https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar#Future_branch_dates
- 4.0.8 (bundled)
- 220.127.116.11 (bundled)
- bug 1268238 Dragging of addresses.
- Awaiting review.
- rate - Thanks To Magnus' rewrite of the Thunderbird start page, we are getting donations now at a regular rate. The donors email list now has 400 subscribers. My best estimate of the donation rate is around $50K - $100K per year, which is what I would have expected for a passive but visible donation campaign.
- issues - There are questions about their donations regularly asked by donors. I have not been able yet to get connected with the people at MoFo who are able to answer these questions (like "please confirm my donation" or "stop my periodic donation"). Working on it.
- Future Home - I and hopefully at least Magnus will be attending the LibreOffice conference in the Czech Republic (Brno) in early September, 2016. Anyone else from the TB community is also encouraged to go. This will be a critical time to evaluate whether we should merge with TDF.
- Infrastructure migration
- I think that we should start migration of infrastructure, but that requires we have basic things like secrets management, user management, etc.
Friends of the tree
- Accessibility lead
- Person comfortable (not necessarily technical experts) with Core type issues. Example, graphics to guide bug 1195947 Thunderbird hardware acceleration (HWA) issues to be resolved
- Lead to run the donation campaign after TB 45 is released.