Next Thunderbird support day is November 21, 2012 the day after the TB 17 release on November 20, 2012.
- TB 16 was scheduled to be released on Tuesday October 9, 3012
- TB 16.0.1 was released noon, Pacific October 11, 2012
- TB 16.0.2 was released October 29, 2012
Thunderbird 16.0 issues
Please add any issues to this page using the tagging convention from the TB16 Support Day Etherpad.
Not so minor
(not in order)
- bug 807848 - Account Mailbox does appear in Folder Pane unless 'telemetry.prompted' set to 'True' - WORKAROUND - delete any user.js scripts which set toolkit.telemetry.prompted to 2 (integer in FF; bool in TB which seems to indicate a bug; FF & TB should both use the same type!)
- A few folks are concerned about Silent Updates. Fix: turn off Silent Updates (Tools | Options | Advanced | Update)! - [GS Canonical Topic]
- As of Monday 15 October 2012, not enough time since TB 16.0.1 was released on Thursday October 11, 2012 at noon to see if auto-compacting fixes in TB 16 have helped
- bug 800876 - Thunderbird 16.0.1 not recognizing non-standard Dreamhost cert - UNCONFIRMED INSECURE WORKAROUND: set security.enable_md5_signatures to true OR change certificate to use sha1 as signature algorithm instead of MD5
- Brian Smith on why this is insecure: "It is OK to test out setting security.enable_md5_signatures = false.However, if this "solves" the problem, it means that the server is using an certificate that is not secure, and for security reasons the certificate needs to be replaced. We should make sure we advise users about this when we ask them to test out the security.enable_md5_signatures setting."
- bug 790475. [Canonical GS Topic] - Spell checking broken if you backspace when using HTML email and a font like "Helvetica, Arial" - Workaround: switch to "Variable Width"- broken in both FF 16 and TB 16 - Steps to Reproduce: 1) Open a new email message. 2) Type 'In the middle of the day' 3) Backspace until you only have 'In the mi' 4) Then retype the rest so you end up with 'In the middle of the day' again.
- bug 803843 - IMAP mailfiles keep growing to gigabyte size / dovecot server
The following is an incomplete list of add-ons that have issues in Thunderbird 16. Please add to this list add-ons that have issues and if you find an add-on has been updated and works with Thunderbird, please strike it out using <del></del> (not in order,numbered for convenience)
- bug 800524 - Lightning 1.8 issue with Provider for Google Calendar - userchrome.css workaround for TB16, fixed in TB17/Lightning 1.9
- Account Colors 6.2 is incompatible with TB16, try Account Colors 6.3 which is still in testing but should work (thanks to Vincent aka cameléon for pointing this out)
- Thunderbrowse not working with TB 16 - Fix:Upgrade to 3.8.2, [GZ] - thanks Vincent!
- Quick Text is broken according to Wayne Mery (Roland to follow up)
October 10, 2012
not in order
Thu October 11, 2012
not in order
Fri October 12, 2012
not in order