DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT
just because it's on this page doesn't mean it's in Thunderbird 17
User Visible Changes to Thunderbird 17
Roland is compiling this page in order to compile a list of what has to be documented for Thunderbird 17
(numbered for convenience only, not in order)
- bug 721316 - Use Gmail IMAP Extension of X-GM-MSGID, X-GM-THRID, X-GM-LABELS in addition to XLIST - Landed in TB 17!!
- better handling of gmail threads so they should correspond better in Thunderbird
- reduce the amount of duplicate gmail stored in Thunderbird for new profiles
- Firefox-like Application Button/Menu for Thunderbird bug 650170; known issues:
- Doesn't work for other toolbars like chat and lightning toolbar, bug 785692 - WORKAROUND press ALT to show the menubar
- New app menu button: Menu popups cover main part of dual menu buttons like "Options... | >" - bug 789417
- normal menu is hard to find now when thunderbird has the new style app menu - bug 790713
- IM and chat fixes
- People connecting to a server with a broken or self signed SSL certificate. - Template:Fixed in bug: There will now be an error message describing what's wrong with the certificate instead of the unhelpful "Server closed connection" message Tb15 displayed.
- People who misconfigured their XMPP account with an invalid username. (a correct username looks like an email address) - bug 786684 - TB 15 error message: "TypeError: match is undefined" in the Error Console.; TB 17 error message: the error messages won't be very helpful. Typically "Error:Received unexpected data." or "Error: Not authorized (Did you enter the wrong password?)" - On TB24 - "Error: Invalid username (your username should contain an '@' character)"
- "When configuring gtalk, typing "@gmail.com" no longer required - bug 795979 fixed in TB17
- bug 795078 - Contacts connected to Google Talk / XMPP with a resource that contains a quote are not shown as online by Thunderbird. - fixed in TB17
- bug 789745 - Thunderbird can't connect to old XMPP servers that don't support
SASL authentication, and only support the old authentication method that's been deprecated since 2006 Typical affected servers: jabberd14 (http://jabberd.org/), iChat Server from Mac OS X 10.4 server - fixed in TB17
Thunderbird 16 and previous release regressions fixed in TB 17
(not in order)
- bug 755988 - Mail Account Setup doesn't detect service on smtps (465)
(in no order, numbered for convenience only)
- Thunderbird 16 Support Issues
- the above are great for Thunderbird changes, but open question: how do we track gecko changes that surface themselves to the user in Thunderbird?