Toolkit:Password Manager/Feature Backlog
Smaller improvements are tracked in Bugzilla.
Larger Feature/Project Ideas
- Using site data via Prio to improve heuristics and determine current accuracy
- Using site data via Prio to determine a valid generated password for the site
- Import passwords from password managers and more browsers (e.g. Chrome on Linux)
- Better onboarding for new users seeing the capture doorhanger
- Support for non-web logins
- Start with non-web schemes (e.g. ssh:, totp:, etc.)
- Password manager parity between our browsers
- Capture doorhanger captures multiple username/passwords candidates found in the page (parity-chrome)
- Permanent scheme upgrades using HSTS data (http: => https:)
- Password security report/dashboard - re-use warning, breach warning, password strength
- Improve setUserInput to dispatch other events
- Refactor LoginManagerContent to work on iOS and other non-Gecko extensions
- Handle multi-page login forms
- Recipes in Remote Settings (aka. Kinto)
- Share autofill and management UI between Firefox and Lockwise apps
- Or share HTML management UI between desktop and mobile
- In-context password re-use prevention (including pasting/typing prefixes)
- Password change without visiting site
- Link to password change forms
- Use shared Rust login storage/sync backend
- Modern architecture for the autocomplete popup to fix security and UX issues
- Password sharing?
- Multi-Factor Auth (2FA/TOTP) - manage WebAuthn?
- Credential mgmt. API?
- Credit Card Autofill
- Then share key storage with logins
- HTTP auth dropdown with multiple logins
- Secure notes