- Background links
- feature-tracking bug links
- specs or design docs
Security and Privacy
- What security issues do you address in your project?
- Is system or subsystem security compromised in any way if your project's configuration files / prefs are corrupt or missing?
- Include a thorough description of the security assumptions, capabilities and any potential risks (possible attack points) being introduced by your project.
- Please provide a table of exported interfaces (APIs, ABIs, protocols, UI, etc.)
- Does it interoperate with a web service? How will it do so?
- Explain the significant file formats, names, syntax, and semantics.
- Are the externally visible interfaces documented clearly enough for a non-Mozilla developer to use them successfully?
- Does it change any existing interfaces?
- What other modules are used (REQUIRES in the makefile, interfaces)
- What data is read or parsed by this feature
- What is the output of this feature
- What storage formats are used
- What failure modes or decision points are presented to the user?
- Can its files be corrupted by failures? Does it clean up any locks/files after crashes?
- Can the end user configure settings, via a UI or about:config? Hidden prefs? Environment variables?
- Are there build options for developers? [#ifdefs, ac_add_options, etc.]
- What ranges for the tunable are appropriate? How are they determined?
- What are its on-going maintenance requirements (e.g. Web links, perishable data files)?
- If so, what is the proposal's relationship to their work? Do you depend on others' work, or vice-versa?
- Are you updating, copying or changing functional areas maintained by other groups? How are you coordinating and communicating with them? Do they "approve" of what you propose?