This is the user sandbox of User:Jayabharat. A user sandbox is a sub-page of the user's user page. It serves as a testing spot and page development space for the user. It is not an Mozilla Wiki article.
!! WORK IN PROGRESS !!
Army of awesome community guidelines
- Participants should not spam AoA (see definition of spam)
- In the event that they come across a user spamming they are to report it to a moderator as soon as one becomes available
- Must be available in #AoA IRC channel in Moznet when replying to the tweets.
What is considered as spam?
- Replies that are not related to the user's concern
- Sending irrelevant tweets and posts ##Insert an Example here. ##
- Replies when somebody has already posted a relevant reply
Despite the word spam being derived from a Monty Python's sketch, spamming is frowned upon and it could lead to a ban.
- Select Unanswered from drop down list, if not selected already. ##pic##
- Reply only to tweets that require support. ##Insert an Example here. ##
- Do not reply to tweets mentioning @firefox or @mozilla (Social Media team is running these accounts. They will respond to those tweets.)
- Identify spam posts and do not respond. If you see a same tweet by many users, it is very likely that it is a spam tweet. Try to avoid replying to those tweets.
- Wait for at least 30 to 45 seconds between two replies.
- Check if the user who is tweeting is a member of Mozillians (staff or Volunteer) on their bio in their twitter profile.
- Remove irrelevant tweets using the remove button.
(If the button is not visible, ensure that you are signed in and force refresh the page)
- Customise your responses as per individual needs (so that your tweets are unique!)
In the event of a volunteer spamming the AoA, please follow the guidelines below.
- If not yet seen by a moderator it is to be reported to one
- The volunteer must be warned. Share the link to the participation guidelines with the spammer.
- If the spam continues post three warnings, the account used for spamming must be banned by a moderator. Moderator must email the volunteer explaining the reasons for the ban. Email must also include the procedure to request for the lift of ban, if applicable.
If you have noticed someone doing a fabulous job in Army of Awesome, refer them to a moderator so that they can be recognized. Send their user name to madalina for swag.
- Replies must be relevant and customized.
- Solutions are as much accurate as possible.
- Replies are comprehensible.
- Replied to user's follow-up questions, if any / Followed up with the user, if necessary
Becoming a moderator
- Volunteer is active in SUMO / AoA for x period of time.
- Is very consistent in maintaining the quality of replies.
- Involved in internal communications within AoA.
Hello ##insert username or name##, I am a ##moderator's name##, moderator for SUMO (Army of Awesome). We here at SUMO have noticed that you are contributing to AoA and you are doing a wonderful job. I would like to congratulate you for your work. Keep Rocking.
Warning message template
Hello ##insert user name or name##, I am a ##moderator's name##, moderator for SUMO (Army of Awesome). I have been informed of inappropriate activity on your account and I would like to refer you to the [ ##link here ## participation guidelines]. Please read and understand the guidelines before participating in AoA or SUMO. If you have any doubts or need any clarifications, you may contact me via ##preferred contact method##. Failure to adhere to community guidelines will lead to a ban from the community.
Draft copied from https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/aoa Authors: Madalina, Costenslayer