User:Dria/Firefox Sync User Stories - v2
What is this?
Another attempt to clearly define a v2 for NewSync. NOT READY FOR ANYONE YET.
New Sync v2
INCOMPLETE - just dropping some things here for now, will be fleshed out more significantly soon.
Core user stories
- As a user, I want the ability to manually trigger a sync, so I can force my data to be updated on demand, rather than waiting for the next sync occurrence.
Set up & Account Management
- As a user, I want to set up my Firefox Sync Account after clicking on the Snippet advertising this cool feature, so that I can set it up on the fly.
- As a user, I want to be able to stop using Firefox Sync Account altogether, disconnecting all of my clients, deleting all of my data, and deleting all traces of the account in its entirety so I can be assured that no one has any way to know I ever had a Firefox Sync Account at all.
Performance & Stability
- As a mobile user, I want the ability to manually select which types of data are synced across my devices, and to specify an upper limit on amount of data being synced (frecency/recency of data, # of days worth of data, total volume of data, etc -- will have to discuss and see what's actually possible here).
- As a user, I would like to be able to see how much data Sync is using on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, so I can (eventually) tweak my Sync settings to use my available bandwidth more efficiently. (This would be lovely if there were a "only sync when on WiFi" option, etc.) (v2?)