User:Wenzel/Verbatim:narro and pootle
- trunk instance at http://fwenzel.khan.mozilla.org/narro/
- installation instructions pretty straightforward
- Importing from SVN seems straightforward (via a cron job converting the project's structure into narro's structure)
- Summer of Code project coming up to integrate Silme and Narro
- Dependencies don't seem to be listed anywhere. Needs Zend Framework, apparently.
- Requires at least PHP 5.2.0. We only have 5.1.6 -- there's a workaround for now, but in the future it may not be that easy.
- pushing back to SVN seems unsupported for now.
- I haven't yet been able to figure out how to support AMO's .po style yet ("underscore_style" message id, suggestion to be pulled from en-US file).
- trunk instance at https://sm-cms01.mozilla.com:8081/
- Devs seem to be very determined to help out Mozilla and have made major project changes together with Wil already
- The "translate toolkit" part of the software seems thoroughly tested (i.e., a test run on trunk: "91 failed, 1214 passed in 15.83 seconds")
- Bugs Wil was complaining about earlier seem to have been fixed in the meantime.
- Wil already wrote a two-way SVN integration with AMO
- Trunk is still uncapable/unaware of SSL, we'd need to fix that.
- While a little better documented than Narro, Pootle has a myriad of dependencies and is therefore quite hard to set up.
- Pootle is based on Python 2.5. We have 2.4 and would need to "support" this ourselves (not necessarily a minus for Pootle, but something that should change on our end).