Using the Trace Tree Visualizer
Tamarin Tracing has a debug feature which visualizes the shape of the Trace Trees as they were compiled during execution. To utilize this feature, do the following:
- Compile Tamarin-Tracing with a debug build.
- Download yEd
- Run TT with the flags -Dtrees and -Ddraw_trees
- The resulting .graphml file will be located at /path/to/yourFile.abc.graphml
- Run yEd
- Load the .graphml file into yEd.
You can visualize the tree in many ways via the layout menu option in yEd. However, most tree-like setting is to do the following:
- Click on tools->Fit Node To Label
- Push ok
- Click on Layout->Hierarchical->Classic
- Push ok
Labels that are blue in color are anchor traces. Labels that are \number are side exits within the trace. Labels with the text Mnumber indicate a merge node.
If you do not see any text labels and instead just empty labeled nodes in the graph, you need to compile your .abc files with debug information. You can do this with the command:
- cd Tamarin-Tracing/test/
- java -jar ../utils/asc.jar -d -import ../core/builtin.abc YourTestFile.as