- GetMessages finished
- Last part of API, so initial impl finished
- Needs cleanup and tests still
- Little progress on windows side with previous approach of using windows 7 usb device redirection API - turns out API is not actually intended for use from user mode applications
- Need to write a kernel mode USB filter driver in order to properly enumerate devices and replace their drivers at runtime. Few working examples of this available in the wild as open-source, and documentation is not great.
- May still be possible to use the Microsoft user-mode USB stack for actual device interaction and only rely on our custom driver for enumeration and driver installation.
- Have test-phone extension written. Pretends to implement a phone which can be used for testing
- For B2G we now have access to the radio.
- Soon will have access to push and receive events.
- John Hammink will help us on the testing side.
- Lots of progress
- Have a API proposal different from DAPs proposal
- Have an implementation of our suggested API for android
- Mounir can look at linux too, need help for other platforms
- Network connectivity
- No-one has started working on this yet
- W3C has set up a task force which we will join
- has landed on Android but is currently pref'd off
- Security Model
- We're starting to formulate initial thoughts for what the security model will look like
- addons.mozilla.org will soon support installing OWA apps. Hopefully we can use that as platform to enable experimental installable apps which have access to sensitive APIs.