|Date:||October 1st, 2013|
|Time:||10:00 AM Pacific|
|How to Join|
|Teleconferencing:||Room 9 798|
|IRC:||#webdev on irc.mozilla.org|
Webdev Meetings are open to the public and serve as a gathering point for anyone in the Mozilla community who is interested in Web Development and what Mozilla has been doing in it.
Group Hug with Engineering
Those other people that make the thing that our websites are displayed on (Firefox, I think it's called) are here to tell us the haps.
What did we ship this month? Alternatively, what didn't we ship to spare the world the horror?
- (mkelly in absentia) Firefox Flicks winners announced, check them out!
- (erikrose) DXR has new stage and prod servers, a dedicated indexing box, VCS blame/raw/diff support, and better JS highlighting.
- (craigcook) New mozilla.org home page, featuring NOT a carousel slide show! Launched in 30 languages with more on the way. http://www.mozilla.org/?v=2
- (lonnen) Socorro in the middle of its hundredth release right now!
Open Source Citizenship
Any updates with our libraries or with libraries we use? Anyone looking for help with a library they maintain?
- (mkelly in absentia) django-browserid issue queue is ready for your love.
- (erikrose) peep 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, and 0.8 have been released. You can now paste the output right into requirements.txt. We fixed PyPI's unstable sorting. Added "peep hash" command. Works with old pip versions from 2010 (RHEL!). Supports installing into non-empty virtualenvs so you don't have to rebuild lxml each time. Been deploying Socorro for several weeks.
- (erikrose) blessings 1.5.1 is a bug-fix release of the terminal formatting library.
New Hires / Interns
Anyone new that we want to induct into the secret order?
The Bikeshed / Roundtable
Anything else to talk about?
- The W3C is discussing responsive images. Folks with opinions may be interested.
- http://mozweb.readthedocs.org/en/latest/css-style.html is up. Review it and comment if you haven't.