|Date:||January 5th, 2016|
|Time:||10:00 AM Pacific|
|How to Join|
|Teleconferencing:||Room 9 798|
|IRC:||#webdev on irc.mozilla.org|
Webdev Extravaganzas are open to the public and serve as a gathering point for anyone in the Mozilla community who is interested in web development and what Mozilla has been doing in it.
The meeting will be streamed and recorded on Air Mozilla: https://air.mozilla.org/webdev-extravaganza-january-2016/
What did we ship this month? Alternatively, what didn't we ship to spare the world the horror?
- (irc nick) Topic
- (Osmose) Verbatim (localize.mozilla.org) is dead, long live Pontoon!
- (jgmize) www.mozilla.org Dual SHA1/SHA256 cert negotiation + CDN via Cloudflare
- (ErikRose) peep now supports pip 7.
- (bwalker) https://platform-status.mozilla.org/
- (bwalker) https://github.com/mozilla/oghliner
- (bwalker) https://serviceworke.rs/
- (ErikRose) DXR:
- We now recognize overrides of virtual methods. (Tom Klein)
- Recognize multiple directly overridden virtual methods. (Tom Klein)
- Support indexing cargo packages for Rust. (Nick Cameron)
- Don't offer to search for sub/superclasses when none exist. (Tom Klein)
Any updates with our libraries or with libraries we use? Anyone looking for help with a library they maintain?
- (irc nick) Topic
- (pmac) django-mozilla-product-details grew support for Django 1.9 and Python 3 thanks in part to Osmose!
New Hires / Interns / Volunteers / Contributors
Anyone new that we want to induct into the secret order? Paid, unpaid, contract, doesn't matter!
- (irc nick of new person) New Person
- jpetto: Jon Petto (long term contractor, has converted to fulltime\o/ senior web developer)
- davidwalsh: joining the web app developer initiative, \o/
- Osmose: Moved to SUMO team, new maintainer of Input, eventually supervisor maybe
Anything else to talk about?
- (ErikRose) Docker best practices for dev: venv on a data volume, creating venv from makefile, "make shell" for interactive debugging