Many designs given to webdev are missing certain elements or have common layout issues that affect buildout. Below is a list of them.
Common Design Issues
- Variable content
- Different languages have longer or short text lengths, this affects height and width of elements
- Content changes over time, design should be flexible enough to handle changes
- Form field labels can't be next to form fields
- Error states and messaging
- Every form needs to have error styling and messaging for error conditions
- Interaction states/flows
- Many UI elements have hover/up/down states that need to be designed
- Link colors and underlines are often missing
- Color palette - would be nice to have
- Examples of base font sizes and styling for headers, links, lists, bold, etc.