- 1 Meeting Info
- 2 Meeting notes
- 3 Open Items
- 4 Roundtable
- 4.1 adrian
- 4.2 andy
- 4.3 arron
- 4.4 ashort
- 4.5 basta
- 4.6 bsavage
- 4.7 bensternthal
- 4.8 chuck
- 4.9 craigcook
- 4.10 cmore
- 4.11 davidwalsh
- 4.12 ednapiranha
- 4.13 ErikRose
- 4.14 jlongster
- 4.15 jsocol
- 4.16 kumar
- 4.17 lars
- 4.18 laura
- 4.19 lcrouch
- 4.20 lonnen
- 4.21 lorchard
- 4.22 malexis
- 4.23 mkelly
- 4.24 morgamic
- 4.25 peterbe
- 4.26 piotr
- 4.27 pmac
- 4.28 potch
- 4.29 rhelmer
- 4.30 ricky
- 4.31 robhudson
- 4.32 schalk
- 4.33 selena
- 4.34 stuart
- 4.35 ubernostrum
- 4.36 tofumatt
- 4.37 wenzel
- 4.38 wil
- 4.39 willkg
- 4.40 wraithan
- Room webdev via Vidyo
- Room 9 798 via Teleconferencing
- Mountain View office in room 3A - All Your Base
- Note-taker: mkelly
- Meeting notes: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/webdev-2013-03-26
- Q1 wrapping up, think about Q2 goals
- Time for peer feedback!
- What is effective feedback
- Why the *))(&!@# do we do this all the time?
- How should I interpret feedback?
- LEAD summary - where morgamic was last week
- Hero's journey, or the importance of faith and allies
- some commentary on how 80s action films totally butcher this formula but somehow still work
- Maybe some Kanban stuff from Luke
- Webdev blog!
- Automatic emails are being sent to Firefox user that crash
- elasticsearch is coming, currently testing on stage
- Preparing a new search UI that will be super!
- Participated and helped organize another Game Dev Party in Lyon this weekend, I'll share more about the game we made soon (protip: game jams are awesome! )
Favourite science thing:
- payments for marketplace
- api for marketplace
- trying not to hate on tastypie
- writing stupid little packaged apps for the marketplace on car journeys
- Made the test runner not suck so much. Ported tests to the new runner so we have lots of good examples and no bad ones. Deleted 10 files. Rewrote testing documentation. Folks are using it. We received a real nice patch afterward with 6 new tests, all decoupled from the rest of the suite. We have the beginnings of a patches-with-tests culture!
- Ignore non-directories when looking for plugins.
- Don't crash when doing negated phrase matching.
- Refactor search() controller to make it more comprehensible and ferret out bugs.
- Don't crash when limit and offset query string params aren't parseable ints.
- Don't crash when format=json and we're using the error.html template.
- Deal with negative limits and offsets. Hey, why not?
- Don't HTML-escape the query text manually anymore. Do urlencode it when using it in a URL.
- Got mozilla-central to build and spit out a DXR index locally.
- Got Schalk's Vagrant set up. That was harder than it should have been.
- Redesigned URLs for parity with MXR and future extensibility.
- Benchmarked Python vs. Apache for browser() at length. Wrote a blog article about it.
- Fixed an old XSS in prod. Really need to get a modern version pushed.
- Newsworthy merges
- Merged non-root-URL deployments of DXR fix.
- Merged Mook's patch to make it draw from Stackato-style process env vars. So now it works really nicely on Stackato.
- Merged fix for UnionFilter bugs (ORs being too liberal and source lines duplicating themselves).
- Reviewed and merged abbeyj's Query refactoring. Now profiling works properly under WSGI.
- Tried and failed to get LLVM 3.2 to build on RHEL 5.5. Ugh.
- Gave ES talk at ConFoo and PyCon, API Poetry talk at ConFoo
- Named jcranmer, abbeyj, and mook as friends of the tree.
- Led PyCon sprint: 78 commits!
- 0.4 release
- Python 3 support
- 6 new APIs, and improved many more
- Rescued django-haystack, which had broken.
- Figured out whether you should ever "store" fields in ES for Axel. (Nope)
- Started reading up on how to troubleshoot Socorro.
- Input v2 (fjord) is going out this week!
- Super proud of what my team accomplished this quarter. Good job, team!
- onGameStart was a great one-day conference.
- Pushed new versions of waffle, statsd.
- Apps leads this month was productive.
- Favorite science thing: it's just a show, you should really just relax.
- UP dev servers should be going up this week.
- Q2 goals: in progress.
- Actual favorite science thing: everything and everyone you know is literally made up of the dust of past exploded stars. We are all stardust. Including the band Stardust.
- Working out Q2 goals
- Slaving over a hot Firefox Health Report repo
- You can see the prod placeholder in nightly. Try about:healthreport
- Up all night Saturday for an HBase maintenance window
- Scheming over a postmortem and telemetry reboot with taras
- Hired a new dev! Starting sometime in q2.
- Going to Boston (the NERD Center!) Thursday to give a talk on monitoring Socorro
- Favorite science thing: caterpillar soup
- Cron systems visualization and general scheduling improvements
- Ushering components into production
- Wrapping up with Tony (internship ending)
- Starting up with Tony + gang (senior year project to improve socorro)
- CISPA Action Week
- FF Snippet
- Moz.org frontpage link
- The sea is a nightmare without end
- LEAD, etc.
- lots of meetings
- Built the prototype for Mozilla office sign-in sheet
- to be run on tablets as a web app
- code name Peekaboo https://github.com/mozilla/peekaboo
- almost ready
- Added a new event suggestion wizard for logged in users of Air Mozilla
- so you don't need file a bug to suggest an event
- landed but not launched yet as we're tuning the tooltips
- Managed to get Pootle 2.5 (master actually) running in parallel on the Verbatim production server
- awaits Milos to set up dev SVN and GIT repos
- awaits some more testing
- done using similar vendor tricks as playdoh https://github.com/peterbe/verbatim/tree/development
- landed quick re-tries for crontabber
- so failing jobs are re-tried every 5 minutes until they work again
- attended PyCon and talked django-browserid and elasticutils with other folks -- there's interest in django-browserid especially after Dan's talk
- worked on elasticutils: robhudson landed a middleware, hanno fixed some testing issues, I fixed the ElasticSearchTestCase (though I think I'm going to change how that works), I fixed the django tasks code, I thought about extending the query API, ...
- worked on updating kitsune search to the latest elasticutils
- helped MDN get elasticsearch working
- finished up a bunch of last-minute fjord fixes for the production rollout for Input (tomorrow!)
- made many promises about working on jingo-minify, django-browserid, tower, django-tidings, and other things, but have yet to do the work
- PyCon was wonderfully amazing
- Discovered mkelly's geodude and am excited to use that.
- Feynman talking about rubber bands: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baXv_5z7HVY