Who we are
We apply the following co-design principles to each of our core activities...
- We prototype, playtest and remix, focused on a global, peer-led community.
- We are localized, global and culturally-specific.
- And we work with open source, modular and easily remixable formats, whether it's the Web Literacy map, teaching kits, or training.
And we're totally friendly.
What we make
is a modular, remixable offering designed to teach people our pedagogies, web literacy skills and competencies, real world community building, and global engagement. Here's our Training Roadmap
Unique training offerings:
- We make tailored, participatory and collaborative learning experiences. We decide what to learn and make together with our learners.
- Our online and offline learning experiences are designed by and for people who participate in a global movement to spread web literacy.
- Webmaker Training's content and structures are modular and remixable. Here's some reasons why.
Teaching Kits are modular, remixable collections of activities and resources that lead a mentor through the process of teaching web literacy. Here's the Kits Roadmap.
Unique kit offerings:
- The kit process, built on our principles of co-design. Creators are encouraged to prototype, build together, playtest in communities and remix others' work.
- A global, peer-led community of kit creators. We ensure kits are localised, culturally-relevant and community-made.
- Open source, modular and easily remixable kit formats. All elements ready to be hacked, re-built, re-designed and switched around.
Credentials and Skills Mapping
are open, online credentials based on Mozilla's Open Badges Infrastructure designed to recognise contribution and web literacy skills and competencies. Here's the Badges roadmap
Unique badge offerings:
- Recognising the contribution of those learning to teach the web using badges.
- Developing learning pathways around web literacy skills and competencies.
- Credentialing those improving their web literacy skills within competencies represented on the Web Literacy Map.
And Other Cool Things!
Like... wireframes, design collabs, appmakrrrr
We think it's important to release early and release often. For that reason, we're running several tests runs from March 6 - May 10.
How to get involved