Create the next chapter for the transmedia novel Inanimate Alice, while learning how to remix the web with the Hackasaurus X-Ray Goggles. A DIY project from Hive NYC.
Step 1:Dive into an existing episode of Inanimate Alice.
Step 2:Install the Hackasaurus X-Ray Goggles.
Step 3: Outline your own episode. Things to think about include:
- Character- it could be Alice, it could be anyone!
- Location-pick a country, any country!
- What happens next- is it a mystery the character is trying to solve, new friends the character meets, something new the character learns?
Step 4: Create a storyboard or story elements using new or remixed multimedia:
Step 5: Create your chapter using Hackasaurus! Remix a news website, a blog or a social media site by adding elements to tell your story.
- Go to a website, activate the X-Ray Goggles bookmarklet.
- With the bookmarklet activated you should be able to inspect elements of the page that you want to change.
- Once you have figured out what you want to change, click R to remix. Remix that asset.
Example: Remix a Facebook page to include status updates from Alice.
Step 6: Take a screenshot of your work. Tweet your screenshot with the #hivebuzz hashtag.