Creating a map for everybody who wants to place a white flag on his house and share it. A DIY project from Volker Schmidt.
Step 1: Created an landing page of White Flag for everybody.
Step 2: Created pages on Facebook, Google and a Twitter account.
Step 3: Participation awareness:
- Anybody who wants to participate could claim a domain name containing WhiteFlag of his own country and point it to the landing page.
- The Facebook and Google pages needs content.
Step 4: Next step is to create a map:
- internet platform launched on basis of ManagingNews, which can be found at WhiteFlagMap.
- Different platforms are possible, most likely Ushahidi, a combination with Statusnet might be usefull.
- using different map providers like OpenStreet map.
Step 5: Spreading the word:
- by means of the media - social, press, etc.
- I started a project at Masterpeace which can be found as WhiteFlagMap. MasterPeace wants to inspire everyone to use his or her talent and energy for building peace and togetherness.
- more detailed steps to be anounced.
Step 6: Having enough users it could even be possible to send a request to the UNESCO for a worldwide White Flag day.