|Feature/Product:||[WebPageMaker for Summer Campaign]|
|Projected Freeze Date:||<Placeholder>|
|Product Champions:||Simon Wex, David Ascher, Michelle Levesque|
|WebPageMaker Checkpoint #2||All production issues (scalability, privacy standards, etc.) have been resolved.||20-May-2012 (*soon*)|
Introduction to WebPageMakerAPI's Client -- WebPageMaker
WebPageMakerAPI is a simple API used for persisting and sharing HTML documents by the WebPageMaker Gallery. Building on what's been started with LoveBomb and StoryThing, the Web Page Maker app is designed to let people:
- Go to make.mozilla.org and make a web page fast.
- Share what you make in a low friction way (ie. don't need your own hosting).
- Make something nice based on one of our beautiful remixable templates.
- Learn web literacy skills by making things following our step-by-step guided learning experiences (which are themselves hackable webpages).
- Easily make a new guided learning experience.
For more information on WebPageMaker, see WebPageMaker for Summer Campaign
The API is a two-endpoint HTTP API that accepts (via POST) HTML documents and serves those documents via a short url. The HTML documents are cleaned by Bleach before being served. Playdoh is the planned implementation framework.
These are documented in the API README.
End-user created HTML documents are stored in MySQL.
|Copyrighted work can be stored and distributed through the API||
|Documents hosted via the API could be used as link farms||
|Database insertion could be used as a DOS attack vector||