- 1:00pm PDT (20:00 UTC)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 866 432 7917 (US toll free)
- +1 334 309 0297 (International)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
- 1 In Attendance
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Product Management and Marketing Updates
- 4 Foundation Updates
- 5 Roundtable
- 6 Other Business
- Code Freeze delayed to today, we have a few bugs needing landing.
- RC1 builds by this evening/tomorrow morning
- QA this week and early next
- Release date scheduled for Thur. 9/7 (Firefox) and Thur 9/14 (Thunderbird)
- Beta 2 expected to be release end of this week
- see the August 15th Bon Echo Status Meeting notes for details
- We are heavily involved in parallel efforts for FF1507 and FF2
- timr, marcia, tracy, juanb, robcee
- Fleshed L10n test plan and did a requirements analysis based on the overall L10n requirements doc
- Challenged by there are three separate requirements docs (overall, search engines, and RSS) and two of them are not complete yet
- Adding new test cases to litmus for Common Operations Smoketest and anti-phishing tests
- Jay, Alice Tracy
- We were heavily involved in bug verifications last week and will be invloved in the release test cycle this week
- robcee, davel, alice
- we now have an automated L10n Search Verifier that Rob developed.
- we are also taking good advantage of a search engine verified from Axel
- Both of these are finding problems earlier then we every have before! (as in for FFx 1.5)
- Alice is looking into perf tools
- jay, marcia, tracy, all
- Bug day last Tuesday
- Community test day last Friday
- We will pull together some stats from these
- jay, marcia, tracy, all
- Special Distros
- Finalized the Seznam and PCHome distribution testing, and builds were delivered to those partners
- Cleaned up symbols on HAL
- Fixed problem with FirefoxTrunk daily Talkback reports (bad stack signature was killing the topcrash table script, so added a check to filter the bad substring).
- Helped preed get Firefox 2 Beta 2 candidate build symbols onto HAL and Spike
- CVS hardware fixes
- Webtools migration
- Working on mail relays
- Moving mozilla.org inbound on thursday
- Other domains to follow
Product Management and Marketing Updates
Ongoing Community Giving research and outreach.
- Adjusted priority of "Breadcrumbs" and "Mozilla Hacker Guide migration" downwards. Need to figure out what Breadcrumbs changes are blocking, what additional functionality is required, and why. Mozilla Hacker guide work is pushed to Q4.
- Stats/metrics gathering: Existing system is currently unable to support MDC. In the meantime sancus is going to investigate the possibility of us using WikiStats so we have at least some data.
- New search (Nutch): More-or-less working except for a recrawl bug in v 0.7. This is fixed in 0.8, so we're moving to the updated version prior to deployment.
- Summarization service: Ready to launch. We've decided to hold this launch until we know whether Seneca students are going to help us out here as it's much more fun to launch a project with content.
- MDC Logo/Visual Refresh: Waiting on design firm for logo proposals (end of Sept delivery). Visual refresh work is pushed to Q4 (post Fx2 launch).
- Add-on docs: slowly progressing there, most of Sheppy's time is currently taken up by Fx2 docs issues.
- Feedback system: just need to check the code out of CVS, make the required changes, then check it back in. Newsgroups/list is set up and ready to go. No firm ETA, but this will be ready to go before the end of the quarter.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- airbag (crash reporting)
- mozilla.com l10n
- framework is in place for l10n, clouserw needs to write some migration docs.
- Sounds like the layout is going to change for ff2, so we'll need that as soon as we can.
- AMO v3 (Remora)
- clouserw got prelim localization for static and dynamic content working for at least two locales (yay!)
- lars has completed first-run of migration scripts for moving data from current database to new schema
- shaver has been working with Radiant Core and mock-ups are nearing completion -- see Remora Interactions page
- fligtar (Justin Scott) has been moving forward on developer control panel work