- 1:00pm PST (21:00 UTC)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 866 879 4799 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- [Use *1 to mute yourself]
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
- 1 In Attendance
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Product Management and Marketing Updates
- 4 Foundation Updates
- 5 Roundtable
- 6 Other Business
- Couple of update test cases still need to be run, but our testing last week for all possible update paths (both current and future) was positive and we are confident in the client and AUS server changes that will enable major/minor updates.
- On track for release tomorrow, Nov. 7.
- we're still having weekly meetings to track the final, wrapping-up issues
- triage has begun on Firefox 184.108.40.206
- some open questions remain on when we're going to advertise the upgrade to Firefox 2 for Firefox 1.5.0.x users; tune in to tomorrow's Bon Echo Project meeting for more information!
- Focused testing on Minor/Major update testing for 220.127.116.11. This includes fallback testing (Juan, Jay, Tracy, Davel)
- Investigated issues coming in about FF2. Set up a test environment on a vm with an authenticating squid proxy along with a pac file (for proxy auto configuration through a given url). See bug 358305 [Alice]
- Ran fuzz tests on 1.5.0, 2.0, trunk. [Bob]
- Distro testing
- Special planning meeting was held on Wednesday
- Tracy tested three sets of distros
- Work on automating results from the Page loads continued [Alice]
- Incorporated version 3.0 of Jesse's fuzzers into fuzz test automation [Bob]
- Added two cases in Litmus [Marcia]
- Digital signing of email
- Follow up on Bugzilla bugs, MozillaZine forum posts, etc.
- Adding CSS test cases to the RefTest suite. Robcee has been working on a converter sscript for these.
- Eggplant: Repaired broken test cases due to AMO changes. Added back navigation button check and allow pop-up test cases. [Tracy]
Tools and Infrastructure
- bug 358035: landed automated testday reporting [Coop]
- added ability to search for results that have comments attached [Coop]
- Talkback [Jay]
- Script work: Started symbols backup links script for IT (will be able to backup important symbols). Continued work on symbols cleanup script to automatically delete unwanted symbol files to manage diskspace on hal and spike.
- Fixed DB tablespace issue that killed Talkback for a few hours on Thur. Had to add a new datafile for expanding tables.
- Bug Day - Tues Oct 31st [Tracy, Jay]
- Community Test day Fri, Nov 3rd. [Jay, others]
- Robcee spoke at a class at Seneca College on software testing at Mozilla
- Worked with elichak from Seneca. She is helping with the Tp, Ts tests by improving the reliability and making it easier for developers to run. She is putting some configuration checking in place. Currently the framework will keep running with a bad configuration.
- Good progress on QMO - The Quality @ Mozilla.org portal [Jay, others]
- Follow up with emails/comments from blog post about getting help designing QMO and managing email@example.com alias
- Evaluated Drupal and Joomla! CMS systems, talked with various folks about their experiences, and decided to go with Joomla!. Filed IT ticket and QMO test site available at https://quality-joomla.stage.mozilla.com/ (will start work on it this week).
- Webtools migration
- Site issues today
- Continued stage migration
- Summit/new building prep
Product Management and Marketing Updates
- Beginning to build our new Campus Reps program - rhian
- Testing new SFX features on sandbox
- New Nutch-based search system is now default on all MDC wikis, having been integrated into the wiki skin. Please test it out and let us (deb, eric) know if you run into problems.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Pushed AUS changes to staging
- Will push to production today
- Continued work on dynamic l10n for add-on data
- Tests for html helper modifications (to work with l10n)
- RSS feeds for recommended icons, search
- Load testing to happen after 18.104.22.168 release, possibly this week