- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 4, 2007)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- [Use *1 to mute yourself]
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
Use "*1" (including the star) to mute yourself, if desired, to keep phone noise down.
- Fx 2004rc3 testing complete
- Fx & Tb 15012rc2 testing nearly complete
- Major software updates testing is underway, Fx 15012->2004. We should have testing completed early next week.
- Fx 2004rc3 ready to be pushed to beta users this week, possibly Wed (depending on AUS migration)
- Final release was rescheduled for 5/30 (Wed)
- We're still looking for volunteers interested in working on the 2007 Mailnews Code Roundup in preparation for moving to frozen linkage. We got a couple volunteers from last week's shout out and could use a couple more.
- Rob Arnold, Intern from CMU.
- GFX: Border re-write regressions; textframe dogfooding now in progress, in NZ: whitespace handling and perf tests this week.
- Cycle Collector: The same three patches remain waiting to be landed, awaiting reviews.
- Mac: Down to 33 blockers.
- New TextFrame tinderbox should be enabled and there will at least by nightlies available for us to dogfood.
- Alpha 5 scheduled for end of May
- Places bookmarks has landed
- Password Manager has landed
- Download Manager conversion from RDF to MozStorage has all reviews, close to landing
- Site specific prefs (low risk) will land this week before freeze (mconnor to drive while myk is in Hungary)
- Current Firefox team status
- AUS2 migration
- Nightly builds flipped today, rest later this week. Announcement was sent out about any possible user impact
- Bouncer2 migration
- In production, working with webdev to get the rest of the products migrated
- Staging infrastructure is up and running
- Implementing production infrastructure
- Spam filter
- Fixes implemented - significant reduction in spam filtering
- Any issues/false positives? Open an IT bug with them.
- Dan Chen
- New intern
- Working with IT on the aus2 move. We're going to be flipping the switch to the new MPT installation after this meeting. At that point, only nightly updates will be available; release updates will show up as "no-update." We'll be clobbering builds after that, so nightly users will see an update this afternoon sometime. We'll then be re-adding the release updates tomorrow.
- Also working on moving Bouncer; Thunderbird2 has been using Bouncer2, and we're planning to finalize the move by Wednesday of this week.
- We're currently working through automatic update issues related to community projects; see bug 381420 if you're interested, but we're looking at setting up a separate AUS instance for community projects.
- Welcome to John O'Duinn!
- Test Execution
- Testing FFx 126.96.36.199/188.8.131.52 along with TBird 184.108.40.206 [juanb, many others]
- Tested "beta" locales for the firefox maintenance releases. af, ka, and be are ready for release (ka only on Win and Linux). ku was found not to be ready yet. [juanb, tomcat, ashughes]
- Some additional testing for Major updates. Investigating bug 381150 and bug 367913
- Firefox 3 feature testing. We did some focused testing on Places and Password Mgr [tomcat]. This is along with the daily trunk smoke testing that tracy and tomcat are doing.
- Focused confirming of bugs: New goal is for ss and tomcat to drop the unconfirmed Bugs under the level of assigned bugs in the next 6-9 months. We plan to engage the community via Bugdays. See stats from ss.
- Helped with testing of AUS2 [juanb, ctalbert]
- Test Development
- Working on overall test plan and individual feature test plans. We are also setting up a feature documentation/test status spreadsheet. Stay tuned! [tchung and others]
- Transferring the Minotaur preferences testing for L10n and partners distros from alice to ctalbert. ctalbert successfully ran the current tests on Win XP.
- Investigating Content Handling feature for FFx3. Collected dispersed info about the feature. [ctalbert, tomcat]
- Test Tool and Infrastructure
- Performance testing: Configured first new perf test box (qm-pxp01). Working on a issue with more realistic resolution for graphics without a monitor hooked up. Additional baseline work is waiting for new buildbot master in the CoLo since there are problems with having master in the office and slaves in the CoLo. [alice]
- Building the Breakpad reporting infrastructure. Helped morgamic with daily reports and stats collection. Defined new features for bsmedberg's query tool [jay, ispiked]
- Working on patch to move TestCase reporting from browser based tests only to both shell and browser. Good progress. One or two more days to complete. [bc]
- QMO: Over 40 signups in first week, more continue to trickle in. Interest in regular (monthly?) community roundtable meetings to discuss events and planning. Will coordinate with contributor (Triona). Wrapped up first round of QMO logo design reviews, waiting for updated logos this week. [jay]
- Working with Emily Chen from Sun China to improve bugdays. She is hosting the Asian bug days. [tomcat]
- Held a FFx 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168 and Tbird 22.214.171.124 test day last Friday. Here are the results. Coce is a new participant from the community. He is a high school student and top tester for the day!
- Marcia attended and spoke at StarEast software testing conference. She learned about "Session Based Exploratory Testing"
- Hired Tim Keenan as an Accessibility testing contractor while we continue to look for a full time employee for this position.
- Working on Customer Support initiative. See the overview and the PRD [ss, jay]
- Mozilla Corp. blog will go live later this week. See the announcement here.
- Events: First event triage call is this Friday at 11am PDT/6pm GMT. Dial-in: +1 650-903-0800, extension 91, meeting ID 248, or US toll free: 800-707-2533, password 369, id 248.
- Support: Overview and PRD have been published at http://wiki.mozilla.org/Support:Overview. We have 2 open feedback forums tomorrow (Tuesday) at 9am PDT/4pm GMT and 6pm PDT/1am GMT.
- +1 650-903-0800 x91 Conf #284
- 800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf #284 (US)
- Join #customersupport on irc.mozilla.org for the IRC back-channel
- Search landing page testing should go live today/tomorrow.
- A/B testing on the Firefox download page in order to increase conversion should go live early this week.
- PR: NYT article by Noam Cohen came out over the weekend. We're planning to do a follow up on SpreadFirefox.com. Check it out for greater context to the conversation.
- Joey project was blogged about
- Joey Server is available for testing, have close to 2000 test accounts created
- Press articles about joey: InfoWorld & WebProNews
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- fligtar erased iframes from the dev control panel (yay)
- wenzel updated RSS feed issues
- lots of l10n work from Wil
- we are getting organized for milestones 3.1 and 3.2
- setting things up with Marketing for site revamp / UE evaluation
- AUS2 testing and spot checking w/ build/IT
- Bouncer2 migration -- worked out a few Sentry issues, still a remaining timeout issue for full file checks (and sum verification)
- Got up to our ears in SqlAlchemy and Pylons
- Introducing sancus to breakpad
- Rough draft of topcrasher page, rough css templatization (just 2 gradients, but we can work our way up to Web 2.0 w/ AJAX)
- AUS updates, pending migration
- Helped mystic_ca (Tom) with help.mozilla.com staging/testins