- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 4, 2007)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
BZ nominated Malcolm Parsons <email@example.com> for fixing bug 244135.
As roc just said on IRC: <roc> table border collapsing ... heck of an introduction to Gecko hacking!
More from Boris: "If we had medals for heroism we handed out, the man deserves one. Plus, there are tests in all his patches!"
Awesome work, Malcolm!!!
Martijn nominated Steve England <firstname.lastname@example.org> for helping out with finding the cause of the branch crasher, bug 317283.
Steve was able to get to the problem by trying out hourly builds he got from Peter van der Woude's awesome hourly build archive.
Cheers to both Steve and Peter6 on this one.
Just a reminder, if you see someone going above and beyond, please nominate them as a Friend of the Tree by sending me (Asa) a quick email with a short description of their good deed. Thanks.
Fx 188.8.131.52 / Fx 184.108.40.206
- Fx 220.127.116.11 was released last Thursday (10/18)
- Over the weekend there were reports of some serious regressions, for which we are considering a Fx 2009 firedrill
- We will have an FF 2009 triage meeting today at 2:30 PDT, #2009, x204
- We will triage the nominations list here
- 391412/400406 - layout regression, 400421 - dynamically removing an <area> makes the whole map disappear, 400467 - After upgrading to FF 18.104.22.168 Java applets stop working on Vista, 400714 - Flash crashes on Mac have skyrocketed in FF 2008
- 14 Beta Blockers Remaining. 10 have patches!
- We'll continue the freeze until all beta blockers have been resolved.
- Reminder: You don't need approval to land a beta blocker.
- Reminder: All approvals that have yet to land will be reset tonight at 11:59PM PDT. Please see this page for tree policy and links to discussion on this event.
M9 Status: 22 Blockers
- General focus on blockers and performance
- Will talk more about post-b1 schedule later this week.
- Visual Refresh
- Mac theme ready for initial landing, waiting on unified toolbar
- Tango theme for Linux rolling
- Windows theme work should kick off this week.
- 0.7 release of Lightning and Sunbird coming this week
- Have to release a 3rd RC due to unexpected updater problems
- Next steps
- 0.8 planning
- Plan another developer meeting
- Stage migration - test machine up and ready. http://www.justdave.net/dave/2007/10/22/stagemo-shift-reloaded/
- 22.214.171.124 release, more users, more load. Looking at ways to continue to scale with the growth.
- Working to bring up china and denmark office.
- TB126.96.36.199 on hold until this afternoon's meeting about possible FF188.8.131.52 firedrill
- stage migration work continues; justdave and cf wrestling with unionfs bugs...justdave's blog post has details
- Released FFx 184.108.40.206.
- Lots of leopard testing!
- A couple of serious regressions were found
- Extension Performance Testing. Tested ten most top extensions. Mostly looking for memory leaks. All looked good except Fotofox and Glubble. This was a manual test. In the future we will look at automating the process.
- Completed thorough testing of Jaws 9 screen reader public betas with Fx.
- Recorded an automated script for testing the majority of Rock your Firefox's feature set, using Selenium IDE [stephend]
Tools and Infrastructure
- Move talos buildbots onto qm-rhel02
- helped track perf regression in bug 400045
- phpcalendar service: Created and checked in a calendar service that people can use for protocol handing tests. [ctalbert]
- Looking into Windmill and selenium for improved MoCo web site testing. [stephend, ctalbert]
- Completed the accessibility test day last Friday [timk]
- Mozilla & Firefox messaging documents released
- Operation Firefox contest is going live today
- Sumo (support.mozilla.com)
- She's Geeky, Mountain View, 10/22 - 10/23. Helping support conference.
- Ajax Experience, Boston, 10/24 - 10/26
- FSOSS, Seneca College, Toronto, 10/25 - 10/26
- Open Source Asia Summit, Hong Kong, 11/26 - 11/30. Li Gong keynoting, as is Zak Greant and TC Liou (Mozilla Taiwan)
- 6th GNU & Linux Festival, 11/15 - 11/17, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Chofmann speaking & looking to do a community meet up.
- FOSS.in, Bangalore, 12/4 - 12/8: Call for submissions closed.
- Ajax Experience
- John Resig has 5 presentations / panels
- Mark Finkle will be at booth (with Mary and others)
- Mark Finkle has a workshop on WebRunner
- Microformats API documentation is now underway
- Collecting input on enhancements for the MDC web site
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Operation Firefox site finished and should be going live today at operationfirefox.com
- Re-themed Extension Contest site
- Laura continued work on the AMO API and started working on Socorro