- 1:00pm Pacific time (21:00 UTC until March 9, 2008)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Roundtable
- 5 Other Business
Reed Loden writes, "I'd like to nominate Michael Ventnor and Teune van Steeg for Friends of the Tree for their excellent work on fixing GTK widget bugs that have existed for years. Their work will make Firefox 3 the best release ever for Linux users."
Absolutely and I'm sure we've got more than a few seconds on that nomination (Asa).
I'm working with our creative team on putting together a small recognition package to be delivered to our weekly Friends of the Tree honorees. If you've got ideas beyond "a t-shirt and some stickers" please email me (Asa). Thanks.
Fx 188.8.131.52 / TB 184.108.40.206
Firefox 220.127.116.11 will ship around 3:00 PM today. It has been in beta since last Monday, 11/19.
Dveditz and Abillings are examining issues but we do not expect to do a Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 at this point.
The next Thunderbird release will be Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 unless it is decided that it does not make sense to do it.
- Some kind of freeze Dec 7; need to be code complete no later than the following week if we are still to ship B2 this year.
- More info to come on dev.planning today.
- Short week last week (US Thanksgiving)
- Places Organizer updates landed, history/tags/unfiled bookmarks
- Endcaps are dead, long live minimal UI
- Gathering feedback from B1
- Autocomplete work upcoming (Seth) to aid discoverability/usefulness of the awesomebar
- As of this meeting 429K downloads and we had around ~100k active users
- Many positive reviews out there on the net
- Survey from chip magazine indicates a number of people interested in switching to Firefox3: http://forum.chip.de/umfrage-woche/setzt-firefox-3-a-975171.html
- Scaling breakpad up. Currently about 9k crash reports behind and falling (due to b1)
- Full MDC dev/stage/production infra setup
- Built and setup metrics collector
- Perf farm racked, cabled, ready to be imaged
- recovering from hectic FF3b1, FF126.96.36.199, TB188.8.131.52, FF184.108.40.206 and a bunch of partner builds
- FF220.127.116.11 releasing today
- stage migration work resuming this week
- automation on trunk update
- tinderbox-to-buildbot migration posts by rhelmer
- meetings this week with Axel to see about simplifying l10n build systems
- FFx 18.104.22.168 [abillings-lead]
- Released Beta version last Monday. >60,000 users tested it!
- Held a testday on Friday with 22.214.171.124 as the topic
- Final release planned for this afternoon
- FFx 3 [tchung - lead]
- Released B1 last Monday.
- Add-ons Manager planning with the AMO team [tchung]
- Bug Assertion testing and many other bugs filed [mw22]
- Worked on Microformat test cases [ctalbert]
- Will try to get review comments on the CSS tests (bug 315920) and adjust the test cases accordingly. [ctalbert]
- Continuing FFT Debug Build run for Memory Leak Testing and Assertions [tomcat]
- On-going tiger team smoke testing. Two new bugs found. [marcia and others]
- Reviewing and cleaning up litmus test cases that are unclear [marcia]
- User Performance Videos - started collecting and analyzing recordings of FFx/Safari/IE startup and various website user activities to verify user perceived performance. [timr]
- WebDev testing [stephend]
- Crash analysis [ss]
- Worked with luser on Breakpad ideas (see bug 404855)
- Investigated a rise in nsBrowserOpt crashes. This seems to be due to adware or malware. The number of crashes are dropping as security venders update signatures. [ss, jay]
- Worked on email feedback script to notify users experiencing the malware topcrash (nsBrowserOpt.dll?) to remove it and prevent future crashes. Still needs some updating and will need to test thoroughly before sending out actual mail to users. [jay]
- Talos [alice]
- Worked with pav to replace the blades with more reliable mac minis running tp3. There is some difference in measured performance, but generally we think the minis and tp3 are a more reliable configuration.
- Unit test infrastructure [robcee]
- Minotaur [ctalbert]
- Investigated integration with Buildbot.
- Cleaned up the patch for bug 401170 to make it more forgiving of paths. Should have a review-ready patch next week. This will be help the automation and accuracy of partner build testing.
- Conducted testing of this new tool and the updates to it [tomcat]
- Partner testing [lead-tomcat]
- Signed off Ebay Partner Build for 126.96.36.199
- Tested versions with Windows Vista 64 bit Edition
- Community [jay-lead]
- 188.8.131.52 ships today fixing the jar: protocol bugs discussed last week.
- Places and Add-ons security reviews this week.
- FOSS.IN, 12/4 - 12/8, Bangalore, India: Finalizing details.
- RAATE Conference, 11/26 - 11/27, UK: Steve Lee speaking on accessibility.
- Creative Commons 5 year Anniversary: Helping honor 5 years of Creative Commons on 12/15. Details and registration for the party can be found on Upcoming.
- No updates since last week
- Documentation for Firefox 3 is coming together nicely. We have reference material in place for Places now, although there may be residual editing work to do.
- Work is ongoing on establishing the plan for the transition of MDC to Deki Wiki, which looks increasingly like a good move.
- Published inaugural issue of about:mozilla newsletter
- Extend Firefox
- AirMozilla developer chat this Wed 11/28 - 2pm - thanks to Mark Finkle and Dave Townsend
- Technical session schedule posted on the Extend Firefox site
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- 3.2 / 3.3 updates are landing on trunk
- Got contractor work to assist with HTML redesign
- Parsing many old logs to populate Statistics Dashboard for developers that will hopefully be on a preview site very soon
- Download counting script was changed last week and had a few issues that have now been worked out; 2 days of last week's logs will need to be reparsed
- Updates to meet new three tier publishing process
- Will be a meeting this week
- Planning a bunch of meetings this week for php5 rollout, l10n, moz-eu CMS, etc.
Report for week ending 2007/11/23
- Grants and related activities
- Frank did a blog post summarizing Foundation grants and related expenditures for 2007 to date.
- David Humphrey passed on a press article about Mozilla activities in Toronto and at Seneca College.
- CAs and related issues
- Frank worked on the SwissSign and TÜRKTRUST applications, and started a public comment period on the approval of TÜRKTRUST.
- Donations program
- Frank did a blog post on the new Mozilla Foundation directed giving program.
- David published a FAQ about donating to the Foundation and a new page describing Foundation activities, and coordinated updates to the main Mozilla Foundation donation page and the per-project donation pages for Bugzilla, Camino, SeaMonkey, and Mozilla accessibility.
- Gerv helped resolve some licensing-related issues.
- Gerv provided detailed feedback on Alex Faaborg's UI mockups.
- Frank will be in Mountain View on December 11 (afternoon) and 12.