- 1:00pm Pacific time (21:00 UTC until March 9, 2008)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Roundtable
- 5 Other Business
Fx 18.104.22.168 / TB 22.214.171.124
Firefox 126.96.36.199 is scheduled to release on February 5, 2008.
Currently, the TB 188.8.131.52 release is unscheduled but will occur after Firefox 184.108.40.206, possibly in late February.
There is a final Major Update for TB 220.127.116.11 being planned for late February. Once this occurs, all work on TB 1.5.x will be concluded.
- Beta 3 is next on our hit list.
- 15 P1s
- 123 P2s
- 189 P3s
- Reminder: Next proposed freeze is on Jan 22.
- 24 P1s left, top priority for beta 3 freeze
- Freeze is January 22nd
- L10n roadmap plan proposal later this week
- First full week back, please take stock of currently assigned P1/P2 bugs and get a rough idea of how much work is left.
- All build VMs migrated to shared storage and vmware upgrade
- All production machines in bcfg2 (configuration management)
- Bugzilla up in .nl, testing for performance
- Denmark office coming up this week
- tree closure tomorrow (8jan08, 8am-11am EST) to upgrade win32 ref platform on trunk. The curious can rubberneck in bug 402848. This is needed to solve the long-running vista icon problem bug 340976 and an annoying ssh timeout problem bug 398113.
- closing down & mothballing 1.8.0 machines
- "fake" major update from FF18.104.22.168 -> FF3.0beta2, see details in bug 394046.
- moving nightlies to use same systems as release production:
- related topic of build-always vs build-on-checkin
Ben Hearsum is moving to Build
- Tested places, gecko, OS integration, password mgr, sec/privacy, encryption, and search, and download mgr features. Verified fixes for B3 blocking bugs [abillings, tomcat, stephend]
- Setup new Eggplant machine for automated GUI testing [abillings]
- On-going leak testing [tomcat]
- Created a set of 3 profiles on Windows, Mac and Linux for trunk testing [marcia]
- Investigating a number of accessibility bugs: bug 407359, bug from the Orca team-bug 409439. Bug from the NVDA team-bug 410604 has been verified fixed. [marcoz]
Firefox 2.0.0.x [project lead-ss, QA lead-abillings]
- Added 5 more locales to the Eggplant Automated L10n Smoketest Suite (over 200 Images) [tomcat]
- Triaging bugs
WebDev testing [stephend]
- Tested "Fight Against Boredom" campaign pages along with the new Get Involved page.
- Will be testing Remora
- Planned out test days for the next three weeks. Download Manager Testday is this Friday, Jan 11th!!
- Rewrapped up the QMO redesign plans and ready to work on the information architecture and visual design for the site (Phase 1) this week. [jay]
- Pushed out on-line QA Community participation survey. So far 50 surveys were returned and 200 people viewed the survey. [jay]
- On two German-speaking mailing lists having to do with general computer-related topics, We are receiving quite a number of inquiries regarding Thunderbird use from an accessibility standpoint. [marcoz]
Test Development and Tools
- short week, some stability fixes.
- talos try server is still broken, looking into that this week
- additional win2k3 machines and a leopard machine will be landing shortly
- try server has been reworked using a new custom buildbot package structure
- maintenance and performance improvement on the js testing machines aka sisyphus.
- will be adding windows shortly, mac intel.
- Minotaur improvements
- autocomplete css rules testing
BasicAuth realm value spoofing issue
- We had a bit of a snafu with the rollout of the Firefox Users against Boredom campaign, which we're correcting. See more details here
- FOSDEM: planning underway.
- GNUnify: Mozilla contributor Anant Narayanan submitting a Mozilla-focused talk and hosting a hack session.
- Techkriti: Our campus rep, Shashank Chintalagiri, is hosting a Firefox add-ons competition called MyFox
- This week:
- Import in-product help -> SUMO
- Point Support link on mozilla.com -> SUMO
- More pushing to get extension devs to update to Fx3
- We are seeing more #extdev traffic on updating
- Finkle headed to FOSDEM for a Prism/Firefox 3 presentation
- More samples added to MDC and blogged
- Custom XUL template query processor
- Extend Firefox
- Contest closed - ended up with over 100 entries!
- Thanks to all who are helping with extension testing, let Rhian know if you are still interested - could definitely use some additional reviewers.
- Hoping to announce winners at the end of January and launch Extend Firefox 3 in February.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- AMO - work continues on 3.2 milestone
- Breakpad downtime tomorrow night to create a new partition and do some garbage collection on old reports
- Helped a bit with extendfirefox
- Review of fab app
- Grants and related activities
- Frank got grant agreements in place for two new grants (to be announced later), finished a grant agreement for one more, and received proposals for more grants.
- CAs and related issues
- Licensing and legal
- Frank and Gerv worked out a plan to make progress on the proposed replacement for the CVS contributor form, with Gerv contributing drafts of related documents.
- Public communications
- David worked on more proposed changes to www.mozilla.org.
- Zak coordinated proposed Mozilla Foundation participation in various 2008 conferences and other events.
- Upcoming activities
- Frank will be in East Lansing MI on Wednesday, January 9, on family business.
- Frank will attend the Freedom to Connect conference March 31 and April 1, 2008 in Silver Spring MD.
- Zak will be speaking at the Southern California Linux Expo February 8-10 in Los Angeles, the PHP Quebec Conference March 12-14 in Montreal, and other events later in 2008.