« previous week | index | next week »
- 1:00pm Pacific time (21:00 UTC until March 9, 2008)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Roundtable
- 5 Other Business
Friends of the Tree
Carsten Book (Tomcat) nominates Marcia Knous for her "ongoing airmozilla support and for bringing mozilla live to the community." Absolutely! Great work, Marcia!
Fx 220.127.116.11 / TB 18.104.22.168
Firefox 22.214.171.124 is still scheduled to be released on February 5.
Code freeze for this release is set for this Friday. If you're a developer who owns bugs or has reviews for this release, please spend time this week working on patches and reviews.
After Firefox 126.96.36.199, we're looking at doing a Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 sometime in February. We're also looking at doing a Firefox and Thunderbird major update to bring more users off of the 1.5.0.x line.
- Nothing But Fx3: 24 P1s, 148 P2s, 185 P3s.
- 23 P1s, 59 P2s
- awesomebar++ test builds available
- getting closer to freeze for beta 3
- China - mozillaonline, mozilla.com, mozilla.org is being QA'd, mirror this week
- Denmark office up
- Breakpad maintenance completed, working on load testing for FF3
- New spreadfirefox launched (last few weeks), working on performance tuning
- New hire - Mark Smith
- mock FF2->FF3 major update going ok so far; bits were handed to QA late Friday
- mothballing 1.8.0 build machines, see bug 411341 for details.
- preparing for FF3.0beta3.
Firefox 184.108.40.206 [ss- project lead, abillings-qa lead]
- This is in bug triage and bug fix verification right now.
- Updated the release checklist
- Testing new features: Places [abillings], added litmus test cases for privacy/security (page info cookie handling) [tomcat]
- Found regression in Places (bug 411989) [marcia, tomcat]
- Filed topcrash report based on Socorro topcrash list [ss]
- Verified fixed assertion bugs with debug Builds [tomcat]
- Continuing to test for memory leaks. Created a test plan. Filed 29! new Leak Bugs since last week! Tracking Bug bug 402335. Created Leak Testing How-To for extension devs and others [tomcat]
- Investigated qawanted bugs [marcia]
- Investigated a11y bug 411920, having to do with the fact that two new constants Mozilla offers for getting Text at a given offset, would not work on Linux. Turns out to be a problem in the Gnome Accessibility Toolkit (ATK).
- With the fix for A11y bug 408997, Thunderbird is now an alternative e-mail and news client on Linux for those needing accessibility aids. This was the last known blocker that made Thunderbird unusable previously.
- FFx 3 Download Manager test day was held on Fri, Jan 11th. See results.
- We ran the Air Mozilla live broadcast last week as Rainer couldn't make it. [marcia, ctalbert, tomcat]
Test Development and Tools
- ongoing js test maintenance
- mac throttling hopefully fixed, still testing
- qm-winxp01 orange all weekend, still orange, what up?
- leopard machine online, orange
- win2k3 machines ready for imaging, leak testing bug 397724
Test development, tools
- minotaur character encoding bug fixed bug 407768
- litmus improvements
- SxSW: Brendan Eich and John Resig invited to speak.
- Import of in-product content started (will continue this week)
(polvi giving update, remote)
- other updates on the blog of metrics
- Extension Updating
- Working with a few extension developers on updating
- Compiling a list of common update issues
- Reviewing buglist of extension compatibility issues
- More docs for features (MDC and blogging)
- Extend Firefox
- Working with judges over next 2 weeks to evaluate entries.
- Hoping to announce winners at the end of January and launch Extend Firefox 3 in February.
- Thanks to fligtar for help with Personas site fixes.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Breakpad partitions created, old data archived -- fixed bug 411432
- Some work left this week for optimizing reporter queries to avoid unnecessary table scans
- Evaluated applications for the PHP5/RHEL5 migration
- Added/fixed AMO features/bugs see list
- Worked on new mozilla.com design
- Worked on new dev stats panel for AMO, which will use a patched version of MIT's timeplot library (it's gonna be hot)
- Grants and related activities.
- Frank worked on paperwork for new Foundation grants (to be announced).
- Steve Lee published a report on his Foundation-funded Jambu on-screen keyboard project.
- CAs and related issues
- Frank started going through the EV-related CA applications to see which were most ready for approval.
- Public communications
- David Boswell worked on more changes to www.mozilla.org, including changes to the Timeline and Projects pages and a new Mozilla-Based Applications page.
- Frank was out part of the week on family business, and also lost some time dealing with system problems affecting email.
- Upcoming activities
- David will be moving out to California Very Soon Now.
- Frank is planning to attend the Freedom to Connect conference March 31 and April 1, 2008 in Silver Spring MD, and at least part of the CSUN conference March 10-15 in Los Angeles CA.
- Zak will be speaking at the Southern California Linux Expo February 8-10, the PHP Quebec Conference March 12-14, and other events later in 2008.
For more information see the status reports from David and Frank.