- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 2, 2008)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Roundtable
- 5 Other Business
TB 18.104.22.168 / Fx 22.214.171.124 / TB 126.96.36.199
Last Thursday, to the joy of many a user, we shipped Thunderbird 188.8.131.52, a wonderful release fixing a plethora of bugs. Having a post-mortem this Wednesday at 11am PDT.
The next release for 2.0.0.x is Firefox 184.108.40.206, which we're tentatively targeting for late June. A proposed schedule is available on the wiki.
- No blockers
- Builds commencing soon
- Test day on Thursday
- 11 Blockers remaining for RC
- Still 1 unowned blockers.
- Approximately 1 have patches of some sort.
- Blockers closed in last seven days by platform team: 30
- Blockers created in last seven days: 13
- 11 blockers left on the front end
- 3 to be patched
- 2 Places bugs, ETA today
- Fx3 credits, waiting on last call, will be closed out today. See mconnor's blog post for the last call for nominations, please _email_ nominations to mconnor by EOD.
- 27 fixed in the last week
- Fennec requirements page
- Fennec task page to be posted later this week.
- Fennec M2 release on Friday
- Fennec M2/M3 goals posted to newsgroup (dev.platforms.mobile)
- A new radial menu UI proposal for Fennec
- First intern started - welcome Reed
- Capacity planning for FF3
- coordinating change in build and talos about dated directories for hourly builds
- Coop, Alice offline this week; pls make sure to file bugs for any issues.
- Lukas joined today. She will be working on unittest infrastructure with Robcee.
Firefox 220.127.116.11 [project lead-ss, QA lead-abillings]
- Triaging bugs
Firefox 3 [tchung-QA Lead]
- Daily Tiger Team testing [abillings, marcia, others]
- 180 core bugs Verified in last two weeks
- 193 firefox bugs Verified in last two weeks
- 16 http://tinyurl.com/432u8y new litmus testcases] added last week
- Feature testing
- Submitted patch addressing review comments in bug 427457
- Protocol Handling [ctalbert]
- We managed to convince folks to help convince folks to take bug 428600
- Key Handling [tomcat, tchung, marcia]
- Triaged most bugs with platform team
- Added litmus test cases and working with L10n team on specific key handling scenarios
- Created tryserver builds for verifying patches
- Worked with Axel and John O'Duinn to figure out how to approach the Minotaur buildbot integration in bug 416228
- Decided to won't fix the Minotaur VM's issue as we are going to solve this a different way bug 424396
- Test l10n for the Mozilla.com redesign
- Leak testing [tomcat]
- Filed 7 new Leak
- Retested Places Scenario, because found a new Places Leak bug 431568.
Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 [project lead-ss, QA lead-abillings]
- TB 22.214.171.124 shipped!
- Post mortem on wed, may 7th, at 11am PDT.
Web Dev testing
- Shipped AMO 3.4.1
- the dev team of the WordPress blogging platform are embracing ARIA and I will work with them in the coming weeks to incorporate it in useful places in their next release, slatted to be released in July or August
- working with the Thunderbird, Sunbird, and Songbird folks to get their XUL fixed up for accessibility in a few more places
- On Firefox 3, found and fixed another couple of regressions (bug 431642, for example), and also got some better support for NVDA in multiselect lists.
- Planning a QA session workshop at OSCON, Seneca, and European Dev day
- QMO Redesign
- Reviewed QMO Drupal development bids/quotes from two firms (Raincity and Achieve Internet) and a freelancer (Marek)
- RDP still available here: http://people.mozilla.com/~jpatel/qmo/QMO_Drupal_Dev.pdf
- Firefox 3 launch initiatives
- Closed 2008 Campus Reps signup+survey; no more registrations until Fall; contacted various email lists of interested students about upcoming projects (on the street, firefox pledge, download day and firefox 3 launch parties)
- Campus Reps
- "On the Streets Interviews" project
- Revised project logo/title and got approval from John Slater to post to SFX
- Launched Mozilla "On the Street" interviews project on SFX: http://www.spreadfirefox.com/campusreps/onthestreet
- Submitted final patch for file upload bug (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=416458); hope to have that page setup this week.
- "On the Streets Interviews" project
- 2008 Linux Journal Reader's Choice Awards - Thunderbird and Firefox win "Favorite E-mail Client" and "Favorite Web Browser - http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/10065
- eWeek feature - http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Content-Creation/One-Web-Desktops-and-Devices-Unite/
- FISL: Using community survey tool to collect feedback.
- Planning for Blackhat & OSCON underway.
- Planning for SUMO Day #2 underway, also known as Support Firefox Day. Highlights:
- To get more people's attention to the event, we will host a number of Q&A IRC sessions where people can ask questions around a specific topic. Big-named people to host the sessions (so far lilly, mconnor, and beltzner).
- Possibly host a few workshops around learning more about the new features of Firefox 3 to better help others.
- Promote the Firefox Screencast contest
- Net Applications Market Share Report for April: while there was a reported decline in worldwide market share for Firefox (March -> April time period), there was no decline in Firefox usage. The problem may be due to SP1. We're still investigating with the folks at Net Applications and we'll have updates at blog of metrics.
- New MDC staging server is up and running, but converting the wiki contents is stalled while some debugging is done.
- Community Survey update
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Les Orchard starts today -- welcome Les!
- AMO 3.4.1 shipped, no animals were harmed
- Status page fix to improve Socorro monitoring
- Socorro summary table scripts, staging these changes (huge changes) this week
- RSVP fun
- SUMO perf fixes and planning roadmap
- AMO 3.4.2 code freeze scheduled for May 12
- l10n tools - evaluating Pootle solution for l10n goodness
- Cesar Oliveiera started this week as an AMO summer intern
- Grants and related activities
- Frank approved funding for a new Bugzilla-related project; more details next week. Thanks to all who donated to the Mozilla Foundation in support of Bugzilla!
- CAs and related issues
- Frank gave final approval to the request from DigiNotar to add a new root and enable it for EV.
- Public communication
- Gerv worked on Summer of Code and other activities.
- Zak worked on various conference-related activities.
- Upcoming activities
- The Mozilla accessibility team will be attending and staffing a Mozilla booth at the SightCity conference May 7-9 in Frankfurt.
- Frank will not be able to attend the Berkman@10 conference (May 15-16 in Boston); if any Boston-area Mozilla people are interested in attending, please contact Frank.
- Zak will be doing a keynote at the eLiberatica 2008 conference (May 30-31, 2008, in Bucharest).
- The Mozilla Foundation will be a sponsor of the Personal Democracy Forum conference (June 23-24 in New York). (Frank is planning to attend if possible.)