- 1:00pm Pacific time (21:00 UTC until March 8, 2009)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- sip:email@example.com from generic SIP clients
- http://air.mozilla.com/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
WeeklyUpdate Live: You can watch the weekly meetings live at Air Mozilla You can also view previous meetings from the "on-demand" button on the Air Mozilla player. Meetings will be posted for on-demand consumption shortly after the meeting conclusion.
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Roundtable
- 5 Other Business
Please send FotT nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a great opportunity for the community to recognize those who go above and beyond, so please tell me when you see that happening. Thanks.
Branch work: Firefox 3.0.6 / Major Update
- Firefox 220.127.116.11 to 3.0.5 Major Update
- Going out to Beta today (12/29)
- Final release in early/mid January
- Localizations are working on translating the new major update banner
- Thunderbird 18.104.22.168
- Being released tomorrow at 11am (ahead of schedule!)
- Next Thunderbird 2 release will likely be in March
- Firefox 3.0.6
- Code freeze is January 6 at 11:59pm
- Final release is targeted at early February
- Dec 31 - string freeze <-- coming soon! take note!
- Jan 13 - code freeze
- Jan 19 - QA start
- Jan 26 - ship to users
- workin' on Beta 3 (triage queries)
- No real updates this week.
- Last week was slow, took advantage of the slowness to run through kernel upgrades and other miscellaneous updates.
- Releases discussed above.
- Releases (mostly covered above)
- Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 testing, attempt to release this week
- Pre-release testing of 126.96.36.199 Major Update to 3.0.5
- 100,000 top site test ongoing
- Found and reduced two crash bugs to reproducible testcases so far, more to follow
- Tested and Released Alpha 2 for Fennec!
- Keeping abreast of Firefox 3 testing in CSS Tranforms, Session Restore, and PPC support among others
- Code coverage statistics are almost ready, getting the last kinks worked out
- Mozmill 1.0 will be released this week
- Bug fixing for Thunderbird support
- UI improvements
Mozilla is investigating the issue of improperly issued SSL certificates from a Comodo reseller. See extra long thread here: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.tech.crypto/browse_thread/thread/9c0cc829204487bf#
- Mozilla and John Lilly featured in SF Chronicle
- Firefox named “CHIP Online Download Award: Download of the Year”
- Firefox wins Web Browser of the Year
- Fennec alpha 2 released. Coverage includes Beta News, CNet, Ars Technica
- New wiki page posted with Dec08 update slides.
No updates this week. Thanks to all SUMO contributors (and of course the SUMO team and all helpful peers) for a fantastic 2008! Here's to an even more spectacular 2009. :)
- No Updates.
- No updates.
- Frank investigated problems with SSL certificate issuance at Certstar, a reseller of Comodo; see the public discussion in m.d.t.crypto for full details.
- David updated www.mozilla.org with new or revised pages for Mozilla project history, project roles and leadership, and a Catalan version of the Mozilla Manifesto.
- David migrated to MDC the list of all known Mozilla-based applications.