« previous week | index | next week »
- 1:00pm Pacific time (21:00 UTC until March 8, 2009)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- sip:email@example.com from generic SIP clients
- http://air.mozilla.com/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
WeeklyUpdate Live: You can watch the weekly meetings live at Air Mozilla You can also view previous meetings from the "on-demand" button on the Air Mozilla player. Meetings will be posted for on-demand consumption shortly after the meeting conclusion.
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Roundtable
- 5 Other Business
Friends of the Tree
Please send FotT nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a great opportunity for the community to recognize those who go above and beyond, so please tell me when you see that happening. Thanks.
Branch work: Firefox 3.0.6 / Major Update
- Firefox 126.96.36.199 to 3.0.5 Major Update
- Going out to Beta today (12/29)
- Final release in early/mid January
- Localizations are working on translating the new major update banner
- Thunderbird 188.8.131.52
- Being released tomorrow at 11am (ahead of schedule!)
- Next Thunderbird 2 release will likely be in March
- Firefox 3.0.6
- Code freeze is January 6 at 11:59pm
- Final release is targeted at early February
- Dec 31 - string freeze <-- coming soon! take note!
- Jan 13 - code freeze
- Jan 19 - QA start
- Jan 26 - ship to users
- workin' on Beta 3 (triage queries)
- No real updates this week.
- Last week was slow, took advantage of the slowness to run through kernel upgrades and other miscellaneous updates.
- Releases discussed above.
- Releases (mostly covered above)
- Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 testing, attempt to release this week
- Pre-release testing of 220.127.116.11 Major Update to 3.0.5
- 100,000 top site test ongoing
- Found and reduced two crash bugs to reproducible testcases so far, more to follow
- Tested and Released Alpha 2 for Fennec!
- Keeping abreast of Firefox 3 testing in CSS Tranforms, Session Restore, and PPC support among others
- Code coverage statistics are almost ready, getting the last kinks worked out
- Mozmill 1.0 will be released this week
- Bug fixing for Thunderbird support
- UI improvements
Mozilla is investigating the issue of improperly issued SSL certificates from a Comodo reseller. See extra long thread here: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.tech.crypto/browse_thread/thread/9c0cc829204487bf#
- Mozilla and John Lilly featured in SF Chronicle
- Firefox named “CHIP Online Download Award: Download of the Year”
- Firefox wins Web Browser of the Year
- Fennec alpha 2 released. Coverage includes Beta News, CNet, Ars Technica
- New wiki page posted with Dec08 update slides.
- Campus Reps "On the Street" Interviews project completed... Check out the videos!
No updates this week. Thanks to all SUMO contributors (and of course the SUMO team and all helpful peers) for a fantastic 2008! Here's to an even more spectacular 2009. :)
- No Updates.
- No updates.
- Frank investigated problems with SSL certificate issuance at Certstar, a reseller of Comodo; see the public discussion in m.d.t.crypto for full details.
- David updated www.mozilla.org with new or revised pages for Mozilla project history, project roles and leadership, and a Catalan version of the Mozilla Manifesto.
- David migrated to MDC the list of all known Mozilla-based applications.