- 1:00pm Pacific time (21:00 UTC until March 8, 2009)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- sip:firstname.lastname@example.org from generic SIP clients
- http://air.mozilla.com/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
WeeklyUpdate Live: You can watch the weekly meetings live at Air Mozilla You can also view previous meetings from the "on-demand" button on the Air Mozilla player. Meetings will be posted for on-demand consumption shortly after the meeting conclusion.
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Roundtable
- 5 Other Business
Please send FotT nominations to email@example.com. This is a great opportunity for the community to recognize those who go above and beyond, so please tell me when you see that happening. Thanks.
Branch work: Firefox 3.0.6 / Major Update
- Thunderbird 184.108.40.206
- Went live last Tuesday thanks to some holiday work by QA and build
- Moving Thunderbird 2.0.0.x to 2-month releases (every 8 weeks or so)
- Will likely be supported until six months after Thunderbird 3 release
- Firefox 220.127.116.11 -> 3.0.5 Major Update
- Went to beta users last Monday
- Localizers are currently working to get the new banner translated (36 done, 8 remain!)
- Final release date a moving target, but aiming for late this week or early next
- Firefox 3.0.6
- Code freeze is moved out to Wednesday, January 7 (at 11:59pm)
- Does not move out final ship date of February 3
- Currently 19 approved patches that need landing. Please land your patches.
- New to the Platform Team:
- David Bolter, working out of the Toronto office, a new accessibility engineer.
- Jason Duell, Content Team, reporting to Johnny Stenback, networking code. YAY!
- 38 Bugs blocking beta 3, down one from before holidays!
- Beta 3 code freeze is Jan 13.
- For weekly engineering meeting notes and other info see the Platform page.
- Interesting queries related to Gecko 1.9.1
- 153 1.9.1 blockers.
Dec 31Jan 1 - string freeze has come and gone
- Jan 13 - code freeze
- Jan 19 - QA start
- Jan 26 - ship to users
- workin' on Beta 3 (triage queries)
- New faces on the Firefox team - please say "hi" on IRC!
- String Freeze: Monday, 2009-02-02 23:59 Pacific
- Code Freeze: Thursday, 2009-02-05 23:59 Pacific
- Released Fennec Alpha 2
- Windows Mobile builds are almost ready
- Clearing the patch queue so we build directly from mozilla-central
- Another slow week, ran through more kernel updates and a few RHEL5 upgrades.
- "We made life easier for IT" - justdave
- Holiday releases:
- all Partner Major updates released by 20dec2008
- TB18.104.22.168 released on 30dec2008.
- DHCP woes closed tree 31dec2008; see bug 471679 for details
- FF22.214.171.124->FF3.0.5 vanilla MU ready to release (Thursday?)
- linux-mobile talos results now on graphs.m.o. Look for "Nokia N810" platform. Still investigating Tp crash in bug 471585.
Welcome Marco Zehe and Henrik Skupin as new employees!
- Major Update of Fx126.96.36.199 -> Fx3.0.5 shipped to Beta on 12/29 (al, juan)
- Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 shipped to World early on 12/30 (al, juan)
- Firefox 3.1 Feature testing progress:
- Testplans (90% completed)
- Testcases (76% completed)
- Community discussions beginning in the QMO forum
- Early stages of litmus redesign ideas
Web Dev Testing, Metrics, Accessibility, Localization, Crash Reports
- Tomcat attended the 25th Chaos Communication Congress in Berlin. See his report.
- Code Coverage metrics: Working on ways to drill down and to visualize the coverage. See sample bubble diagram. Size of each bubble is the number of change sets on that file.
- New Patches for CSS Transform and CSS Border-Radius tests
- Mozmill 1.0 release should be this week - still in find/fix cycle
- Investigated all reftest and mochitest failures on Fennec and filed bugs for them.
- Finding, minimizing and diagnosing crash and memory leaks: bug 471416, bug 471458, bug 471543, bug 471598 etc.
- Analyzed results from the 100,000 Topsite Test: ~ 70,000 Sites done so far with about 16,000 abnormal exits (for example: fatal assertions, crashes, etc); currently running a verification test for these abnormal results.
- Started a 100,000 top site run for the 1.9.0 branch. After it completes, plan to do a 35,000 site run continuously against that branch to help catch any future regressions.
- Firefox add-ons on the homepage on CNET's download.com
- John Lilly interviewed in the LA Times
- Johnathan Nightingale quoted in BusinessWeek.com’s “Tech Beat”
- Ubiquity update covered in InternetNews and NewsFactor
- No updates
- Getting ready to start evaluating the upcoming Lyons release of Deki.
- Re-starting the newsletter next week - send stories to deb if you have them.
- Snowl 0.2rc1 released; looking for feedback; see blog post for details and to download.
- Weave milestone 2 for 0.3 released, now with Fennec support! See the Weave forum for details and download instructions.
- Ubiquity 0.1.3/0.1.4 released, as well as 0.2 preview featuring Feed Plugins, providing opportunities for security enhancement and exploration.
- Rey Bango working on short term project to improve Add-ons approval and review process
- Cranked up recruiting for new editors, 2 new joined in the past two weeks, 5 from Seneca College starting, and we're going to look into recruiting from universities for more volunteers. Working on ideas to better thank our top editors.
- Worked on tools and analysis for improving the breadth of featured and recommended addons
- 2009 planning- focus on improving add-on awareness and discovery, let Nick Nguyen know if you want to help.
- Early ideation and analysis around next generation of Add-ons, will formalize project soon so everyone can be involved.
- Socorro launched 2 new reports
- LizardFeeder went quietly into production.
- More plans and narrative to come soon.
- Graph server 1.0 rewrite docs are up: Perfomatic#Rearchitecture
- Migration during Q1.
- SUMO 0.8.1 code freeze tomorrow (pushed back)
- It was a generally slow week, with some folks on vacation.
- Mark produced some initial notes on a possible Mozilla Foundation education program.
- David did updates to the Projects and History pages on www.mozilla.org (to add Fennec as a project, note Adobe Acrobat and Kirix Strata as applications using Mozilla technologies, and address comments raised in bug 471494).
- Frank continued participating in the public discussion about Comodo and Certstar.
- The new Mozilla shirt is now available in the International Store.
- And last but certainly not least, there's a new member of the Boswell family.