Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls"></video>
The Legal team would like to thank Lien Ceulemans for her pro bono help on our EU privacy work.
Monday, 24 May
Tuesday, 25 May
Wednesday, 26 May
- Brownbag (@ 12:15pm PST) on the Upcoming Fx4 Beta Plan by Laura Mesa, Jinghua Zhang and Aakash Desai
Thursday, 27 May
Friday, 28 May
- Testday on Addon Testscripting with MozMill! Join us on #testday on irc.mozilla.org.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Your Title Here||Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
Status Updates By Team
Branch work: Firefox 3.5.x / Firefox 3.6.x / Thunderbird 3.0.x
- Firefox 3.6.4 build #5 built over the weekend
- Download it here and help us test
- We will be pushing the build to the entire beta audience on Tuesday
- This build is hopefully the final build of 3.6.4 and will be released to everyone on June 1st. Please test it!
- Firefox 3.5.10 is on schedule to ship with 3.6.4 on June 1st
- 2nd candidate build to be 3.1RC1 has been spun and is baking
- QA Highlites
- New Hires
- Geo Mealer starts in Automation group, June 2
- Desktop Firefox QA
- Shipped to beta users
- Build 5 underway; ETA: Monday (5/24)
- Prepare for 3.5.10 release next week.
- FF Sync 1.3
- regression testing client and completion of 2nd phase of load testing with uTest.
- Should be able to close out all testing Mon or Tues next week.
- Web QA
- Shipped SUMO 1.5.4 and 2.0
- Shipped AMO 5.10.4
- Met with uTest for next SUMO release.
- QA Services
- Support of Gfx Bot testday on Friday
- Launching new QMO2 site, jun 1
Automation & Tools
- Mochitests running on Android, working on getting patches together and ironing out issues in other test harnesses this week
- Held Grafx Bot test day, testing D2d graphics, found 15 bugs:
- Landed Fennec Maemo Crash reporting support, backporting it this week
- Have add-on performance testing reporting to stage waterfall
- Have basic mochitests running on F10S: bug 567417.
- More information and cool stuff here.
- Google opens VP8 codec, aims to nuke H.264 with WebM
- Google tries freeing Web video with WebM
- Google, Mozilla, And Opera Take On H.264 With The WebM Project, A New Royalty-Free Video Codec
- The time is right for the WebM video project
- Firefox for Android (Fennec) builds updating 'nightly'
- Mozilla Offering Nightly Builds of Firefox for Android
- e27 echelon 2010 June 1-2, 2010; Singapore. Gen will be participating in this event.
- Open Source Bridge 2010 - June 2-4, 2010; Portland Oregon. We will be sponsoring this event. Contact Dietrich if you are in the Portland area and want to help out!
- Open Source Bridge 2010 - June 1-4, 2010; Portland, OR - Looking into sponsorship opportunities.
- LinuxTag 2010 June 9-12, 2010; funding from Mozilla Europe is secured; Mozilla staff and community will manage a 12m2 booth at Europe's largest Linux tech fair; Tristan Nitot, Paul Rouget and Brian King all confirmed to give keynote talks; Carsten Book and WQ leading community outreach and organization
- Black Hat USA 2010 July 24-29, 2010; Las Vegas, NV - Look into putting together the "traditional" Mozilla milk & cookies party.
- GUADEC 2010 - July 24-30, 2010; Netherlands. We are sponsoring at the bronze level. no Mozilla talks schedules.
- Open Video Conference 2010 - October 1-2, 2010; New York, NY - Looking over sponsorship opportunities.
- BlogHer '10 - August 6-7, 2010 - Looking into sponsorship opportunities.
- Renegade Craft Fair Chicago 2010 - September 11-12, 2010 - Looking into sponsorship opportunities.
- London Add-ons Challenge (name TBC): Exploring two consumer-focused events in SF & London.
- Firefox Funnel
- Conducted an experiment last week to determine the effect of "download speed" on conversion rate. ("download speed" refers to the time between clicking the Fx download button and actually receiving the full file.) Resulting data and analysis should be coming shortly.
- L10n-drivers presented many sessions at the Mozilla community event in Skopje
- Gandalf submitted a patch in Bug 566906 for l20n XUL bindings; looking for feedback
- Working on a server and web tool implementation for the Jetpack L10n API
- Firefox Cup pages getting localized
- Student Reps launching in more languages
- Firefox Sync getting localized
Introducing New Hires
- Welcome Xavier Stevens! Xavier will be working alongside Daniel and Anurag on the Metrics team, helping us do great things with our data systems and architecture.