Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls"></video>
Monday, 7 June
Tuesday, 8 June
- Berlin Community Meetup with Mitchell in Berlin/Germany
Wednesday, 9 June
- Mozilla@Linuxtag (till Saturday)
Thursday, 10 June
Friday, 11 June
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Your Title Here||Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|QMO.next||aakashd||The changes made to QMO and what it means to you.||http://www.slideshare.net/aakashd/qmonext||Check out our home page, QMO!|
|Contacts Design Challenge||Pascal Finette||Mozilla Labs' next Design Challenge just launched - participate & spread the word!||http://design-challenge.mozillalabs.com/contacts/||http://design-challenge.mozillalabs.com/contacts/|
|Firefox Cup||Mary||Our very own Firefox Cup is launching this week!||http://www.slideshare.net/foxymary/firefox-cup|
|Infrastructure Security Disclosure (Proposed)||Chris Lyon||This is the "proposed" infrastructure security disclosure||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Infrasec/DisclosurePolicy||We are opening this up for comments, questions, and feedback|
|Windows 64-bit Firefox||John O'Duinn||64bit builds of Firefox on osx10.6, fedora64 and now win64||blog post||ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-mozilla-central/|
|mozilla-central status||Ehsan||dev.tree-management thread|
Status Updates By Team
- Do you like screenshots? Stephen Horlander has put together ALL the screenshots! Check out the new theme mockups and in-content unification work.
Planet Firefox to track all the developments.
mozilla-central has been closed since yesterday in order to find a solution to a bad rename changeset landed late Friday.
It is not yet clear how this will be resolved, but for now, everyone who is working on a clone on mozilla-central is advised to update to revision 28086cf6ede8 using the
hg update -r 28086cf6ede8 command, in order to minimize the problems in updating their clone when the problem is resolved.
Watch the dev.tree-management thread to follow the progress of this issue.
Branch work: Firefox 3.5.x / Firefox 3.6.x / Thunderbird 3.0.x
- build 6 has been in the field, is well received to date
- keeping an eye on bug 569104 (older CNet Video doesn't play) and bug 563361 (one .jp site is having problems, but has potential to be a widespread issue) and working with CNet and Adobe to resolve
- no ship date yet pending investigation of those issues
- we need your help!
- ready to ship, but at this time we are holding until Firefox 3.6.4 ships based on feedback from Linux distributors and Thunderbird
- 3.1RC1 shipped!
- A couple of blockers and a few ridealongs have surfaced; 3.1RC2 to be spun today or tomorrow
- A lot of back-end work
- website pushes
- VCS repo work
- We will be moving our Amsterdam POP. Details to follow.
- Tentative date, June 21.
- Windows 64-bit builds un-hidden on the Firefox tinderbox page
- 64-bit builds (Linux and Mac 10.6) for the try server coming out today
- Neither unit tests nor talos for now. To come.
- QA Org Highlights
- New Hires
- Geo Mealer started in Automation group, June 2
- announce @ all todays all-hands
- announce Raymond's conversion to Mozilla employee
- Geo Mealer started in Automation group, June 2
- Signed off on Fennec 1.1
- Web QA
- uTest tested SUMO forums, will have a write up of their findings this week
- AMO 5.11 was pushed live on 06/03
- QA Services
- QMO2 site is now LIVE!
- 2nd Add-ons Manager Redesign testday, Friday June 11th
Automation & Tools
- Have Bugzilla Splinter integration ready for Bugzilla upgrade
- Working through E10S Fennec mochitest issues, have a fix for E10s in plain mochitest, testing in chrome, browser-chrome, a11y. (bug 567417
- Figured out how to get native events (from Webdriver codebase) working in Firefox. Experimenting now to see if this is a viable solution to the long-standing focus issues in our event generation code.
- Integrating python websocket server support into mochitest (tail end of bug 472529)
- And more information landing soon here
- Firefox Home Headed To iPhone
- Mozilla's 'Firefox Home' Ties Firefox to the iPhone
- Mozilla Preps Firefox Home App for the iPhone
- Firefox Home: A not-quite Firefox iPhone app
- As Mozilla readies latest browser, Weave becomes Firefox Sync
- Firefox to Get Official Browser Sync: Weave Graduates from Mozilla Labs
- Goodbye Mozilla Weave. Hello Firefox Sync 1.3
- Firefox Sync Shows Mozilla's Still Got It
- LinuxTag 2010 June 9-12, 2010; funding from Mozilla Europe is secured; Mozilla staff and community will manage a 12m2 booth at Europe's largest Linux tech fair; Tristan Nitot, Paul Rouget and Brian King all confirmed to give keynote talks; Carsten Book and WQ leading community outreach and organization
- Black Hat USA 2010 July 24-29, 2010; Las Vegas, NV - Look into putting together the "traditional" Mozilla milk & cookies party.
- GUADEC 2010 - July 24-30, 2010; Netherlands. We are sponsoring at the bronze level. no Mozilla talks schedules.
- Open Video Conference 2010 - October 1-2, 2010; New York, NY - Looking over sponsorship opportunities.
- BlogHer '10 - August 6-7, 2010 - Looking into sponsorship opportunities.
- Maker Faire Africa - August 27-28, 2010; Nairobi, Kenya - Looking into sponsorship opportunties.
- Renegade Craft Fair Chicago 2010 - September 11-12, 2010 - Looking into sponsorship opportunities.
- London Add-ons Challenge (name TBC): Exploring two consumer-focused events in SF & London.
- Community Marketing Call: Join us on Wednesday for our bi-weekly call!
- June 9 @ 10 a.m. PST/17:00 UTC. Please send agenda items to sarah at mozilla dot com.
- New Affiliate Buttons:
- The SUMO knowledge base backend is going to be rewritten (overview). In support of that we've been working on a number of things:
- We've also been working with Metrics to run A/B tests on things that will help us improve the helpfulness ratings of our articles.
- Don't forget: you can get our weekly common issue summaries by signing up for THE Support Report!
- We're still working on getting the metrics working for that.
- We're releasing a new SUMO discussion forum this week as part of a broader site rewrite.
- Launched next Design Challenge around Contacts / Social: http://design-challenge.mozillalabs.com/contacts/
Introducing New Hires
- Join me in welcoming Raymond as a full-time hire (converted from his year-long internship)