- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls"></video>
- Matt Basta for fixing the whistling sink (Facilities Management confidential bug which is technically hard to make public - sorry! See this for part of the joke.)
Monday, 12 July
Tuesday, 13 July
Wednesday, 14 July
Thursday, 15 July
Friday, 16 July
Product Status Updates
We shipped a beta last week, despite there being a minor distraction!
- Firefox 3.6.7
- Went to beta audience the Friday before the summit, thanks to all of those that got it out
- Crash reports inadvertently throttled, now unthrottled
- Investigating why we seem to have stopped at ~420k users, likely due to FF4 beta
- Plan is to ship July 20th
Older Branch Work
- Firefox 3.5.11
- Tied to Firefox 3.6.7
- Went to beta last Friday, currently ~100k users
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Your Title Here||Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Security Bounty Update||Lucas Adamski||We are updating our security bounty program!||http://www.mozilla.org/security/bug-bounty.html and http://blog.mozilla.com/security/|
Status Updates By Team
- Test Execution
- A whole lotta shipping prior to summit! (Fx4b1-includes feedback, Fx3.6.7b, Fx3.5.11b, sync1.4, FFHome to app store)
- Great job shuffling of QA resources to support all those releases at different times
- Fennectrolysis landed in trunk, but lots of brokenness with 2.0 builds
- Mozilla.com pages for Firefoc 4b1 were shipped
- Testing of Bespin gallery 1.0 is in progress
- Testing AMO 5.11.4 and SUMO 2.2 this week
- QA Community
- Great discussions at the Summit about building community
- Marcia and Tomcat in Portland for the Community Leadership Summit this weekend
- Test Dev
Automation & Tools
- IBM endorses Firefox as in-house Web browser
- IBM names Firefox its default browser
- IBM Pledges Alliegence To Mozilla, Firefox To Become Its Default Browser
- User interface overhaul arrives in Firefox 4 beta
- Firefox 4 beta tested: Reflecting Chrome's shiny example
- Firefox 4 beta 1 is smart-looking, snappy
- Amid New Browser Wars, Next Version of Firefox Debuts
- Firefox Mobile goes final for Nokia N900 with add-ons
- Firefox 1.1 hits Maemo in final form, featuring Add-ons, Save to PDF and more
- Mozilla releases Firefox 1.1 for Nokia N900
- Firefox on the iPhone? Mozilla submits Firefox Home to Apple
- Mozilla Submits Firefox Home to iPhone App Store
- Firefox Home, the browser that isn’t, is now awaiting App Store approval
- Black Hat USA 2010 July 24-29, 2010; Las Vegas, NV - We will be hosting our "traditional" Mozilla milk & cookies party on 7/28. Check out the information here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Black_Hat_2010
- FISL 2010 July 21-24, 2010; Porto Alegre, Brasil - We are looking into having a Mozilla room, talks and other activities. Follow progress on the wiki page.
- GUADEC 2010 - July 24-30, 2010; Netherlands. We are sponsoring at the bronze level. No Mozilla talks scheduled.
- Open Video Conference 2010 - October 1-2, 2010; New York, NY - Looking over sponsorship opportunities.
- BlogHer '10 - August 6-7, 2010 - We will be having a hotel suite and a presence in the GeekLab. More details soon!
- Maker Faire Africa - August 27-28, 2010; Nairobi, Kenya - Looking into sponsorship opportunties.
- Renegade Craft Fair Chicago 2010 - September 11-12, 2010 - We will have a booth and be doing some innovative activities. Check out the wiki for more details Looking into sponsorship opportunities.
- How Do People Interact with the Main Window of Firefox? Check out this breathtaking heatmap visualization!
- Bespin 0.9a1 was released adding support for multiple Bespin instances on a page and code completion
- The first release of the Bespin Bookmarklet landed, allowing you to use Bespin in place of a textarea anywhere on the web
- We posted a new tutorial about manipulating text through custom commands which shows how to build Markdown conversion into Bespin
- A second tutorial posted during the week shows how Bespin's GUI is wired up and how you can add to it, with the beginnings of a toolbar component.
Introducing New Hires
- Irakli Gozalishvili Add-ons Engineer
Please be conscientious when uploading photo and videos from the Summit. We live in a pretty public bubble and while many people may be fine with uploading images and video, lots would prefer not to be tagged. Before uploading videos and images and especially before tagging them with names, please consider the privacy preferences of your friends.