- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls">
- nominating Margaret Leibovic and Philipp von Weitershausen for climbing the learning curve in writing localization-friendly code with their b7 blockers (Axel).
- nominating Aleksej, Daniel, db48xOther, dickey, Fry-kun, gaby2300, Jan, kbrosnan, Mathnerd314 for contributing test cases as part of the multiple bugdays during the recent QA work week [ashughes]
Monday, 27 September
Tuesday, 28 September
- Coffee/Brown Bag with Chris Jay Hoofnagle re Users' Views and Expectations on Privacy and Privacy Settings (10 Forward and Air Mozilla)--be there or be square! Contact Julie Martin if you have any questions.
Wednesday, 29 September
- We host the jQuery Mobile project team meeting in R2D2/C3PO. Swing by if you want to see what they are up to.
Thursday, 30 September
Friday, 1 October
Product Status Updates
- Code freeze for Beta 7 marches on! Another bunch of big changes have landed:
- 64-bit builds for OSX
- GC Compartments (tracemonkey only right now)
- there are 30 blockers left which we hope to close out in the next couple of days
- The tree remains closed to all other bugs until we hit this milestone
Firefox 3.6 and 3.5
- Code freeze for 3.6.11 and 3.5.14 is tomorrow, 2010-09-28 @ 11:59 pm PDT
- Please email Christian if you have a blocker that won't be done by that time
- Post-mortem for 3.6.9/10 will be held on Thursday (see the wiki page for details)
- Beta one is close!
- Please help test builds
- Thunderbird trunk
- add-ons manager has been brought back to life in a tab
- now based on libxul
- Account provisioning work continues
- Update on Transmediale Open Web Award Finalists - Henrik Moltke (present)
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Game On 2010||Pascal Finette||Mozilla Labs' "Game On 2010" Open Web games competition update||tbd||http://gaming.mozillalabs.com|
|Seabird Concept Phone||Pascal Finette||Some background on the Concept Series Seabird mobile phone concept||http://mozillalabs.com/seabird||http://mozillalabs.com/seabird|
|One Mozilla Domain Name Strategy||David Boswell||Proposal for a coherent domain name plan||Proposal||Governance thread|
|Change to OSX universal builds||John O'Duinn||blog post|
Status Updates By Team
- QA Org Highlights
- Q4 Goals locked and loaded!
- AMO 5.12 is currently planned to go out on 09/28
- Certify/ship Input 1.8
- Browser Technologies
- Tested and shipped Jetpack 0.8
- Desktop Firefox
- Fx 4 Beta 7: Code freeze delay. Holding pattern for test execution.
- Testday for recent Sync changes last Friday with 13 bugs filed.
Automation & Tools
- Temporary android automation running, continuing to work on final automation with Bear and Aki.
- Android Talos is running within the buildbot framework
- Started War On Orange discussions with Metrics team and RelEng for a Hadoop centric build/test log storage
- Have Mozmill testing ready for production on buildbot for Mac and Linux, working through the last issues with Windows - bug 516984
- More information is always on our page
- Mozilla dreams up conceptual Seabird phone
- Mozilla Seabird Concept Phone Boasts Projector, Wireless Charging (VIDEO)
- Forget Facebook: I Want a Mozilla Seabird Phone
- Mozilla updates Firefox Home for iPhone, iPod touch
- Firefox Home for IPhone Adds URL Field, More
- Mozilla Launches New Version of Firefox Home iPhone App
- Help us improve our participation channels by filling out short surveys if you are:
Introducing New Hires
- Jason Grlicky, Webdev