- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls">
Professors Jason Schultz (Berkeley), Eric Goldman (Santa Clara), and Anthony Falzone (Stanford) for their comments on Mozilla's submission to the Internet Policy Task Force on Protecting Copyrighted Works on the Web.
Melissa Shapiro for being the force behind the creation of the State of Mozilla microsite, and Shannon Prior and Melissa for implementing it 
The Appetizer team for the kick-ass job of describing their project on https://apps.mozillalabs.com/ and the supporting wiki & demo sites. They have also been very proactive in reaching out for feedback on app store security questions and ideas, which makes us very happy indeed!
Monday, 22 November
Tuesday, 23 November
Thursday, 25 November U.S. Holiday: Thanksgiving
Friday, 26 November U.S. Holiday: Black Friday
Product Status Updates
- Engineering groups looking to lock down Beta 8 this week
- includes incremental JS improvements, UI bugfixes
- key blockers right now are plugin and application stability
- Have agreed to simul-ship a version of Firefox 4 Beta for Desktop with Firefox 4 Beta 3 for Mobile Devices
- both will feature new, easier way to authenticate to Firefox Sync
- to be compatible, will need to ship alongside Firefox Home, as well
- target is first week of December
- if we complete Beta 8 this week, we'll ship it late next week (eta: Thursday) and then simul-ship a single-change Beta 9 alongside the mobile version's next beta
- if we can't complete Beta 8 this week, we'll move its schedule out to match the mobile version's next beta
Firefox 3.6 and 3.5
- Froze the code last week
- Firefox 3.6.13 and 3.5.16 build #1 is available for QA (thanks RelEng!)
- Code freeze for beta 3 is tomorrow night. Please get patches reviewed and checked in.
- Miramar (3.3) alpha 1 planned to release this week from trunk
- Lightning talk on "Learning, Freedom and the Web" later in today's call
- Good progress on storytelling & specs for post-Drumbeat Festival projects (online hub coming soon)
- Working on UI for new "Batucada" version of Drumbeat.org
- Will put on staging when complete (mid-December)
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Drumbeat Festival Recap||Mark Surman||What happened in Barcelona? Why is it important?||HTML slides - click to follow along||Alternate slides #1 - Alternate #2 - Blog, press and photo highlights|
|Keeping the Web Open for UGC||Julie Martin||Mozilla's Comment to the Internet Policy Task Force|
Status Updates By Team
- QA Org Highlights
- Check out the new QA dashboard QA-dashboard.
- We pushed AMO 5.12.3 live.
- Browser Technologies
- Shipped Input 2.0. blog post
- Desktop Firefox
- Fx 4 Beta 8: Code freeze next week, plan is to ship Beta 8 the following week after Thanksgiving break.
- QA Services
- Marco spent a very productive week in Toronto. Details here
- The new litmus 2 project kicked into high gear with the addition of Carl Meyer as the GUI developer. Welcome Carl!
- successfull personas testday last friday. Details here
- On Friday, Nov 26th, we will have a Mozmill testday (blog post in preparation)
- QA Test Automation
- We have moved all of our Mozmill tests related components to the new "Mozilla QA" product on Bugzilla (blog post)
Automation & Tools
- Mozilla offers details on Firefox and its finances in 'State of Mozilla' report
- Mozilla: $104 Million In Revenues, 400 Million Users, Google Deal Running Through 2011
- Mozilla's 2009 revenue increases 34 percent
- Mozilla's 2009 Revenues Up 34 Percent to $104 Million