« previous week | index | next week »
- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls">
Friends of the Tree
From Mary: If you don't know it yet, Lukas Blakk rocks! She organized a phenomenal video workshop at Dare2BeDigital to teach young girls about the web on behalf of Mozilla + WoMoz. Check out what she did. Also need to call out Rainer, Marcia and William R, Raymond, Ruth, and Viktor as well!
Monday, 14 February
Tuesday, 15 February
Wednesday, 16 February
Thursday, 17 February
Friday, 18 February
Product Status Updates
- Beta 11 out to the world, Beta 12 clamping down
- 16 beta blockers remain
- We'll make the determination early this week as to whether to wait for all beta blockers to close, or whether to tag and go.
- Call into the Tuesday engineering call to know more!
Firefox 3.6 and 3.5
- Firefox 3.6.14 and 3.5.17 WILL NOT be released today
- We are investigating what looks to be a startup crash regression (bug 633869)
- We are on day-for-day slip
- Decision will be made on Wednesday if we need alternate release plans to deal with a public security bug fixed in 3.6.14
- Beta 5 codefreeze is Tomorrow (Tuesday, Feb 15) at 11:59pm PST
Thunderbird 3.1.8 will come out as soon as Firefox 3.6.14 is ready
Big week for Drumbeat last week:
- We shipped a new version of Drumbeat.org
- See Paul Osman's blog post, including roadmap and how to get involved
- Universal Subtitles in use on New York Times. Great work with Alive in Egypt.
- New OpenAttribute add-on release generating some great press
- Hackasaurus launched three youth jam events in New York and Chicago last week.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Your Title Here||Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
Status Updates By Team
- Desktop Firefox
- Signed off and shipped Firefox 4 Beta11!
- Browser Technologies
- Firefox Mobile
- Fennec beta 5 missed code freeze. Still 3 blockers left
- Device Compatibility Testplan will be finished next week and seek crowdsourcing: plan
- Firefox Home 1.1.1 is awaiting app store submission.
- Shipped Addons Builder 1.0a7
- Includes new ASE editor and bugfixes
- First automation test written in selenium 2 is running
- Awaiting localization changes
- Shipped Addons Builder 1.0a7
- Sync 1.6.3 was signed off and deployed to AMO
- Test Pilot 1.1 Rc3 is in testing and targeting sign off next week
- Projects shipping this week:
- Mozilla.com release 1.2 http://bit.ly/hIE2cn
- AMO 5.12.9, Thursday 2/10
- GetPersonas.com (security fixes) - shipped 2/8
Automation & Tools
- Figured out a workaround for reftest resolution issues in order to enable reftests to run on tegras. The fix: we image the tegras to use HDMI, then we set them to a high resolution just for reftest, reset the resolution after reftest runs.
- Pulling threads together to complete the work on the Addons Talos testing service
- Planning to push splinter live this week in BMO.
- Preliminary work on User Responsiveness metrics up for review in Bug 606574.
- Other notes are here
Cast your vote for Firefox for Best Major Desktop Browser and Firefox for Best Mobile Browser in the 2011 About.com Readers' Choice Awards! http://browsers.about.com/od/allaboutwebbrowsers/ss/2011-readers-choice-awards-web-browsers-voting_2.htm
Introducing New Hires
- Firefox: Dave Camp (Kevin Dangoor)