- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls"></video>
- philor and jag for diagnosing and fixing the ridiculously slow Tinderbox tree admin page.
- Aleksej, Anders, lcamacho, and our own Henrik Skupin for making the Mozmill Crowd Testing testday a success
- GeorgeF(George Fiotakis), Greek web localizer and community superstar, for being very helpful in the L10n field in the last week. He's currently the only one who created localized screenshots for Linux and Mac for Firefox 4 features page on mozilla-europe.org. Also, he's been pretty active in the mailing-lists discussion on how to get more people involved. - Milos(firstname.lastname@example.org).
Monday, 28 March
Tuesday, 29 March
Firefox Mobile Official Launch Day!!! Huzzah! Watch it live starting at 7:45 a.m. PDT on Air Mozilla. Please post questions to the launch team in #airmozilla on irc.mozilla.org or directly to @firefox with the hashtag #airmoz.
Wednesday, 30 March
Thursday, 31 March
Friday, 1 April
- MDN doc sprint today and 2 April. (No joke!)
Product Status Updates
- Development is already happening, with an anticipated merge to the experimental branch the week of April 13
- We shipped it!
- I think maybe next week we'll combine this into the Firefox 3.6 section below!
- There will be a point release...watch dev-planning in the next couple days for specifics
Firefox 3.6 and 3.5
- Code freeze was last week...still have to many open blockers
- We will be pushing the schedule back a week to try to get more blockers in...watch dev-planning for specifics
- Current branch plan:
- Miramar currently building from comm-central trunk with mozilla-2.0
- no pure trunk nightlies in order to keep testing focused on Miramar
- Working on getting OpenSearch and GetAnAccount bundled with a Tb build for testing by a broader audience in preparation for Miramar
- (No voice update this week)
- Please welcome Michelle Thorne, new Events team lead
- Lots of Drumbeat events last week. Blog posts on Drumbeat Beijing, Hackasaurus hack jams in New York, plus Buttercamp NYC
- Sneak peek at some recent Popcorn / Butter demos here:
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Your Title Here||Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Getting the word out||Chris Beard||Brand campaign||Pilot campaign starting this week targeting digerati in Bay Area to reinforce our differentiation & advocacy position|
Status Updates By Team
- new (restartless!) release of F1, the Labs link sharing add-on for Firefox
- Lisa Crispin gave a brown bag on Friday. Slides and video will be published asap.
- Test Automation
- QA Community
- Successful test day for Mozmill crowd extension and endurance tests
- Desktop Firefox
- Not much happen last week except WE SHIPPED FIREFOX 4!!!!!!!
Automation & Tools
- Checked in fixes in coordination with Releng to green up Android mobile
- Landed more APIs for special powers to help remove enableprivilege from our test code
- Still need feedback on Bugzilla upgrade, still shooting for Mid-April to go live.
- More news here
- Hands On With Firefox 4
- Mozilla Releases New Version of Firefox Browser
- Back to the front of the pack: Ars reviews Firefox 4
- Firefox 4 soars, thanks to Microsoft's Luddite customers
- StatCounter: Firefox 4 Has Already Eclipsed Internet Explorer 9
- Firefox 4 takes back the web from IE9 -- 6 million downloads in first 24 hours
- Twitter secures mobile Firefox 4 users from XSS attacks
- Twitter Implements Mozilla's Anti-XSS Tool for Firefox 4 Users
- Air Mozilla Broadcast tomorrow: Would you like to be one of our speakers? Please sign up here. The desktop launch had over 16,000 viewers!
- Help us track the launches - please share blog posts, regional coverage and more here.
- There is still time to host a Firefox 4 party. Please sign up here!
Introducing New Hires
- Ben Adida, Staff Engineer for the Apps Group
- Raymond Forbes, Web Security Engineer
- Jennifer Arguello, Services Project Manager
- Gilbert FitzGerald, Director of Metrics
- Rob Miller, Services Engineering
- Ryan Tidler, Services Engineering