- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls"></video>
Monday, 21 March
Tuesday, 22 March
FIREFOX 4 LAUNCH DAY WOOT! Watch it live starting at 6:30 a.m. PDT on Air Mozilla. Please post questions to the launch team in #airmozilla on irc.mozilla.org or directly to @firefox with the hashtag #airmoz.
Wednesday, 23 March
Thursday, 24 March
Friday, 25 March
- [QA Testday]: Crowd Testing Firefox 4 Performance
- 12pm PDT: Brown bag talk by Lisa Crispin on Agile Testing in Ten-Forward. Will be streamed on air.mozilla.com.
Product Status Updates
- We're shipping it tomorrow.
- Check out the proposed post-Fx4 rapid release process
- Comments go to dev-planning
- We will talk about it more next Monday
Firefox 3.6 and 3.5
- Code freeze for blockers is this Thursday
- RC1 soon
- Miramar Alpha 3 released
- We need your help testing the GetAnAccount addon
- It's also available for download bundled with Thunderbird 3.1.9
Older Branch Work
- Drumbeat Beijing hackfest this week. March 23 - 25. Focused on citizen science.
- New communications assets for Open Badges project. User stories, one-pager (PDF) and napkin sketch.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Your Title Here||Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Firefox Input for Fx4||Dave Dash||How pretty charts tell us how we're doing.||http://input.mozilla.com/ <-- I'm doing it live!||http://input.mozilla.com/|
|Firefox 4 Download Stats||Jeff Balogh/ Matt Claypotch||How pretty charts tell us how we're doing.||http://glow.allizom.org/||http://glow.allizom.org/ (will be glow.mozilla.org tomorrow!)|
|Support for Fx4||Cheng Wang||How you can help support Fx4|| Sign up here: |
|Proposed post-Fx4 rapid release process||Christian Legnitto||Proposed post-Fx4 rapid release process||http://people.mozilla.com/~sayrer/2011/temp/process.html (comments go to dev-planning)|
Status Updates By Team
- Thunderbird Ubuntu unity launch integration work progressing; see the blog post for details.
- New release of Thunderbird Conversations
- Browser Technologies
- Firefox Mobile RC1 built and tested this week. See Testplan results
- ETA release on 3/21 or 3/22
- Input 3.3 shipped
- blog on selenium IDE
- Projects Shipping this week:
- WoW Phase III 03/15 moved to 03/16 9:00 PDT [ttps://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=640291 bug 640291]
- AMO 6.0.1
- SUMO move netaccess app to PHX [no release #]
- Desktop Firefox
- Scrambled for respins of FF RC2 and 3.x releases to address hot issue.
- RC: Monday - We're going assess where we are at with regards to bugs and stability to come up with a ship date for final.
Automation & Tools
- Ted is fixing bug 641969
- Donating 7 machines from the automation and tools staging environment to Addons Testing Service.
- Web GL-enabled Grafx bot beta went well, should be landing in AMO this week, thanks for the testing!
- More notes are here
Introducing New Hires
- David Bolter - Accessibility Engineering Manager (not new, but new role!)
- Lee Tom - Visual Designer (Engagement)
- Jake Maul - IT/System Ops