« previous week | index | next week »
- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls">
Friends of the Tree
Monday, 13 June
Tuesday, 14 June
- Testing Talk with Lanette Creamer Noon PDT. Mountain View HQ in Holodeck.
Wednesday, 15 June
- Brown bag about Mozilla's Sync Service, Noon PDT. Mountain View in Holodeck.
- Special Firefox 5 Marketing Call, 10 a.m. PDT. Details here.
Thursday, 16 June
Friday, 17 June
Product Status Updates
Firefox Future (5, 6, 7)
- Firefox 5 is coming real soon now
- Spun beta 5 last week which is near-complete, if not a perfect match (drivers evaluating a couple of late bugs)
- If all signs point to yes, aiming for a release next week
- Firefox 6 is halfway through the Aurora cycle
- AMO team completed an automated compatibility bump successfully
- Firefox 7 is halfway through Nightly
Firefox Current (3.5, 3.6, 4.0)
- We have a Firefox 3.6.18 build, currently in QA
- Plan to go to beta tomorrow if no issues are found
- Firefox Mobile 4.* broke 1 million active Android users
- Firefox Mobile 5 Beta 4 was released
- 5.0 beta (second build) should be out this week.
- 3.1.11 should also be out this week.
- We've added the "5.*" version for Thunderbird to AMO, and need addon authors to check that they're compatible.
- Please check this blog post for more details.
- We want to use the same compatibility bump mechanism as Firefox eventually, but we're not ready for that yet.
Older Branch Work
(No voice update)
- Last chance to vote on entries for the Knight-Mozilla News Tech Innovation Challenge
- 300 entries total. From 200 participants.
- 60 individuals will be invited to a four-week online learning lab with sessions by Chris Heilmann, Burt Herman, Aza Raskin, John Resig, others.
- Voting closes Thursday, June 16
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Your Title Here||Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
||Curtis Koenig||Security Stuff||slides||*Public Security Wiki *blog|
|Next release of Firefox||Product and Engagement||What to expect in next version of Firefox, what the launch will feel like||slides||Community Marketing Call, Wednesday June 15th at 10 am PDT|
|Website Documentation Project||Ryan Snyder, Website Taskforce||Need help from Mozilla to document information about our websites.||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Websites/Active_List||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Websites/Active_List|
|UX Show & Tell||Alex Limi, User Experience Team||Every Thursday at 11am PST, we show off designs in progress, and you can drop by with UX questions of your own. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get on our schedule!|
Status Updates By Team
- Test Execution
- Pushed Fx5 Beta 5, June 9th
- Pushed Fennec 5 beta 4 to Android Market on June 7th
- Fennec 5 beta 5 to be skipped for market. Next target, RC by 15th
- Reftest extension for mobile got a few tests running from the web server
- Services Team planning a beta and experimental channel
- Planning for open Web Apps testing has begun
- SUMO 6/7 release http://moxie.jamessocol.com/bugstats/sumo/2011-06-07
- MDN 6/7 0.9.5
- Spark 2.0 6/7
- AMO 6.0.12 06/07
- AMO 6.1.0 6/09
- QA Community
- Test Dev
Automation & Tools
- Tracking Your Internet Browsing
- Webian Shell: A New Answer to Google's Chrome OS
- Mozilla's Webian Shell interface will cloak your OS in a browser (video)
- There’s a New Chrome OS Competitor and It’s Called Webian
- Check out our latest video update.
- We've developed Community Definitions - please take a look and provide feedback.
- Dev Derby developer challenges have begun! For June, we're encouraging developers to show off what they can do with CSS3 Animations. Please help spread the word. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/demos/devderby
- Help developers discover MDN by putting up a Promote MDN button on your website! https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/promote
Introducing New Hires
- Crystal Beasley, UX Designer in Web Dev
- Ibai Garcia, Services Support Coordinator, SUMO
- Jared Wein, Firefox Engineer
- Ty Flanagan, Visual Designer
- Brian Anderson, Rust Engineer
Welcome New Interns!
- Vineeth Kashyap, Research
- David Keeler, returning intern (yay!), Security
- Nick Fitzgerald, FFx
- Alexandra Moss, Legal
- Didem Ersoz, started on 6/7, Labs