« previous week | index | next week »
- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls">
Friends of the Tree
- Two Dev Derby contributors who have stood out for their enthusiasm, creativity, and dedication.
- Stu Nicholls, who in less than two weeks has already submitted four awesome demos that are sure to push the web forward and be useful to web developers everywhere.
- Anthony Calzadilla, who submitted the awesome Rofox demo which quickly amassed hundreds of views and helped generate lots of interest in Firefox 5.
Monday, 27 June
Tuesday, 28 June
Wednesday, 29 June
Community Marketing Call: 10 a.m. PDT/17:00 UTC/19:00 CET. In-progress agenda and dial-in info here.
Thursday, 30 June
- [BrownBag] Understand your users and good ideas will follow - What is User Research & how we can help you. (Noon @TenForward)
Friday, 1 July
Product Status Updates
Firefox Future (5, 6, 7)
- Firefox 5 released last week, and now being served as an update for all 4.0 users
- 30MM users already
- Next week, the next trains start rolling. That means:
- Beta will pick up Firefox 6
- Aurora will pick up Firefox 7
- Nightly will start being Firefox 8
Firefox Current (3.5, 3.6, 4.0)
- There will be a Firefox 3.6.19, shipping at the same time as Firefox 6
- Firefox 3.5 is EOL, and won't appear in subsequent updates
- Come to think of it, so is Firefox 4
- Firefox 5 is out, getting good reviews/uptake
- Ready for Aurora to beta merge
- Thunderbird 5.0 out tomorrow!
- Please update your add-ons.
- Beta will pick up Thunderbird 6.0 and Earlybird will pick up Thunderbird 7.0 next week.
- Universal Subtitles adopted by Khan Academy. GigaOm story: "Khan Academy goes global with crowdsourced subtitles"
- New online home for School of Webcraft. Old Drupal site replaced by Django-based app. Blog post on the transition and next steps.
- New Mozilla Popcorn code tutorials. Neat way to demo code. Check it out here. Along with lots of other cool Popcorn demos in the new demo gallery: http://popcornjs.org/demos
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Head of College Recruiting||Julie Deroche||WSOH||http://htmlpad.org/wsoh/#||http://wsoh.eventbrite.com|
|Patrick, Jinghua and Gilbert||Market insights, User Research, Metrics, and how we can help you.|||
|Tour Guide||David Boswell||Community infographic and numbers||Infographic||Please add to the Community Numbers Etherpad|
|Director, Web Development||Mike Morgan (morgamic)||From Portland with Love - highlights/notes from the webdev offsite||photos||about OS Bridge|
|John O'Duinn (joduinn)||Firefox 3.5 EOL||bug#666407|
Status Updates By Team
- Desktop Firefox
- Fx5, tested and released, including major and minor updates to Fx5
- 3.6, 4.0 -> 5.0
- Browser Technologies
- Shipped Firefox 5 for Mobile
- Mobile Testday last friday. Bugs found
- Test signoff of Python Sync server testing. Bugs found: bug 667060,bug 667074
- Test pilot 1.2pre8 in testing
- Really successful WebQA work week last week: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Execution/Web_Testing/WorkWeek/2011/06
- AMO 6.1.1
- AMO Builder 6/21/2011
- MDN 0.9.6.1 6/22/11
- QA Community
- Test Automation
- Investigation and fix for broken Mozmill 1.5.3b3 beta release; Released Mozmill 1.5.4b4
Automation & Tools
- User Responsiveness Measurement Status
- Malini Das joins the A*team!
- More notes here
- Desktops and Notebooks: Firefox 5 Browser Launches, Boasting Tweaks, Security, Privacy
- Firefox 5.0: 5 Reasons To Upgrade
- Firefox 5 focuses on security and privacy
- Firefox 5 offers small improvements, Do Not Track
- Firefox 5 Beta Released For Desktop And Android: See The New Features
- Five Good Reasons to Download Firefox 5
- Videos updates from the last weeks:
- Community definitions updated.
Introducing New Hires
- Priya Patel - Recruiting - Lead for Mobile and Engineering
- Jason Haas - Contributor Engagement - Student Reps
- Robert Nyman - Developer Engagement
- Malini Das - Automation & Tools