- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.3.1 Firefox Desktop
- 1.3.2 Firefox Mobile
- 1.3.3 Firefox OS
- 1.3.4 Webmaker
- 1.3.5 Policy & Advocacy
- 1.3.6 Open Badges
- 1.3.7 Mozilla Science Lab
- 1.3.8 OpenNews
- 1.3.9 Mozilla Reps
- 1.3.10 Firefox Student Ambassadors
- 1.3.11 Grow Mozilla
- 1.3.12 Identity
- 1.3.13 Cloud Services
- 1.3.14 Firefox Marketplace
- 1.3.15 IT
- 1.3.16 Web Compatibility
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thank you to Gemma Petrie in UX for her infinite wisdom and unwavering willingness to share it.
- Thank you to Candelora and VanillaOrchids, our volunteer theme reviewers who are helping us test the migration of theme review tools from Marketplace back to AMO. Your dedication and involvement are much appreciated!
- Thank you to EVERYONE who worked so hard in making Mobile World Congress a success for Mozilla. We appreciate the contribution made by all teams - before, after and during the event - both onsite in Barcelona and offsite around the world!
- Thank you to Matt Ternoway for designing an Engineering logo for Air Mozilla (bug 909464).
- Thank you to Steven Brown for designing a Web Compatibility logo (bug 927478) - t-shirts coming!
Monday, 03 March
Tuesday, 04 March
Wednesday, 05 March
- Threat Modeling Lessons from Star Wars (and elsewhere), Adam Shostack - This talk is designed to help security pros, developers and systems managers, all of whom will leave with both threat modeling lessons from Star Wars.
- When: 12:00 PST
- Where: Ten Forward in MV, and on Air Mozilla
Thursday, 06 March
- 10:00 AM Pacific / 18:00 UTC: Grow Mozilla discussion -- a forum for discussing community building at Mozilla
- Agenda and dial-in information (feel free to add items to the agenda)
- Firefox OS 1.4 Bug Bash - Come Help Test Our Product!
- Time: 4pm - 7pm PST
- IRC Channel: #fxosqa
- Vidyo Room: Warp Core
- Meeting rooms
- Mountain View: Warp Core
- San Francisco: 233 Alice B. Toklas
- Toronto: 5F Sheppard
- Most Blocker Bugs Found
- Most Number of Bugs Found
- Worst Crash Bug Found
- Other Information
- Bring your own device preferably - we'll only have a small handful to hand out for testing
- Free pizza for Mountain View & San Francisco attendees
Friday, 07 March
- IndieWebCampSF - The very first IndieWebCamp in San Francisco. Join us in San Francisco at Embassy Network for two days of a BarCamp-style gathering of web creators building and sharing open web technologies to empower users to own their own identities & content, and advance the state of the indie web.
Saturday, 08 March
- IndieWebCampSF - continued from Friday
Sunday, 09 March
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
- Holy crap test 29
- Read the blog post about plugin whitelisting
Speaker: Peter Scanlon, Acting Chief Marketing Officer
Speaker Location: San Francisco
A quick follow-up to Mobile World Congress in Barcelona: posts on the Mozilla Blog that provide perspective on our participation. Includes commentary and some great short films on the following topics:
- Unleashing the Future: https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/02/26/mwc-update-unleashing-the-future/
- The Power of Partnerships: https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/02/26/mwc-update-the-power-of-partnerships/
Question Closed: https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/02/27/mwc-update-question-closed/
- Hope for the Future: https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/02/28/mwc-update-hope-for-the-future/
Many thanks to the Mozillians who participated, or enabled, our presence this year.
- Tablet Contribution Program hardware applications for the first round of tablets (10" InFocus/Foxconn device) are going to wrap up this week. If you are interested in participating, get your application in soon. - Asa
Speaker Location: nonverbal
- We're in the process of redesigning teaching kits, and we'd like your feedback on our design briefs!
- Leave comments in the doc or email Kat Braybrooke with your thoughts.
- Goals of redesign:
- Offer more modular build options
- Simpler back-end code
- Usability across devices
- Ways to address attribution
Policy & Advocacy
Speaker Location: nonverbal
- Last week we joined with the Knight Foundation and the Ford Foundation to announce the News Challenge. The Knight News Challenge is an annual contest to find the best ideas to accelerate media innovation by funding breakthrough ideas in news and information.
- This year's Challenge fund totals $2.75 million to find innovative ideas that strengthen the Internet and keep it open, trustworthy and safe for free expression.
- Participating in the challenge is open to ANYONE. We highly encourage the Mozilla Community to both participate (and encourage your networks to participate) and spread the word.
- More info can be found at newschallenge.org or by contacting Dave Steer @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Speaker Location: nonverbal
Mon-Wed: SXSWedu - Members of the Open Badges team will be speaking on three panels at the South By Southwest Education Festival (SXSWedu) in Austin, TX:
- Tuesday, 10:30-11:30am - Is Being Tech-Savvy the New MBA?
- Wednesday, 9-10am - Open Badges Go Global: Building Valuable Pathways
- Thursday, 9-10am - Enabling Stackable Credentials: The Future is Now
Sample tweets to share with your followers:
- How to get your dream job in the digital age + more in this #SXSWedu panel http://bit.ly/obtechsavvy @6oz @megcolek @DR4WARD @YairR
- International digital assessment & #openbadges in the wild at #SXSWedu http://bit.ly/obgoglobal @emgollie @soletelee @markriches
- Lifelong learning and alternative credentials at #SXSWedu http://bit.ly/obstackable @anmechung @parchment @cathysandeen @WGU_Registrar
Thurs-Sat: DML - We will be launching BadgeKit at the Digital Media + Learning (DML) Conference in Boston, MA on Thursday, March 6.
Speaker Location: nonverbal
- Greg Wilson will be hosting a workshop at SIGCSE (a major computing education conference) in Atlanta on Wednesday night, which will explore ways of using the IPython Notebook in teaching.
- Notable Guests:
- Fernando Perez (creator of IPython)
- Peter Norvig (of Google)
- Doug Blank (who is using the Notebook to make robotics more accessible to novice programmers)
- Cam Macdonell (whose students are building a turtle graphics module for the Notebook as a course project).
- Notable Guests:
Speaker Location: non-verbal
- We led sessions and shared some news from our team at the National Institute for Computer-Assisted Reporting conference in Baltimore last week.
- Announced the date and location of our first-ever conference, SRCCON, July 24+25 in Philadelphia.
Firefox Student Ambassadors
Speaker Location: Written Update
- Please congratulate Ambassador Jim-Bert who won our App of the Month Contest with his FoxyFlames app and will receive a Very Splendid Gear Package. Great job Jim-Bert! If you're a Student Ambassador and interested in creating an app for our March or April contests, please find out more information on our wiki page
Speaker Location: written update
Firefox account based Sync progressing well through nightly/aurora. Over 15k accounts activated so far, roughly half actively doing syncing on a daily basis. > 30% have multiple devices. Even with 7500 accounts active, still seeing very few bug reports which "makes us nervous" -- can still use help testing, especially for multi-device desktop/android flows. Thx to everyone that has filed bugs so far! QA/ops load tests yielding performance/stability improvements that put us on track for the expected big bump in usage when 29 goes to beta channel.
Firefox Account + Sync brownbag being scheduled for April, specific dates TBD.
Speaker Location: written update
Quick update on Marketplace (worlwide, all platforms) - supplied by David Bialer
- Continues on a growth trajectory fueled by Firefox OS.
- Over 1 million visits last month (Feb) from 470,000 unique visitors (Firefox OS, Android, Desktop)
- 930,000 apps installed last month Feb)
- 85% of visits are from non-english speakers (with Spanish, Portuguese #1 and #2 languages)
- Since January 2013 there have been 6 million visits to Marketplace from over 3 million unique visitors.
- The Marketplace and Firefox for Android teams are working to improve the app experience on Android this quarter in Fx29 and Fx30 to deliver a web app experience on Android on parity with native apps.
Speaker Location: Shyam Mani, San Francisco
- AUS is now Cache friendly! This helps reduce load on the web servers and storage array by almost 1 order of magnitude & in turn lowers the amount of infrastructure we need to host this service, and frees up both storage and compute resources for other tasks.
- Product Delivery NFS mounts untangled in TCW, now using NetApp's junction mounts to make 14 volumes appear as 1 mount point to the clients.
- MacOS X 10.9.2 and OS X Security Updates for 10.7 Lion/10.8 Mountain Lion - Do It Now!Apple released the 10.9.2 update, as well as Security Updates for 10.7 Lion and 10.8 Mountain Lion. This addresses the SSL bug on 10.9, as well as a number of patches related to keeping things locked down. If you haven’t upgraded, don’t wait - do it today! This update will require a restart. Click here for more info on the security updates: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6150
Speaker Location: ATX (miketaylr)
- about.com, usatoday.com, foursquare.com, virginatlantic.com now all send mobile content to Firefox OS users.
- blogger.com blogs now have usable layout Firefox for Android.
- screen.yahoo.com fixed their <video> support sniffing (no longer falling back to Flash).
- pitchfork.com updates to modern Flexbox, CSS layout hipsters annoyed while the masses rejoice.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Mary Ellen Muckerman||Peter Scanlon||SFO||SFO||VP - Engagement (Brand)|
|David Torre||Sylvie Veilleux||SFO||SFO||IT Architect|
|Javaun Moradi||Chad Weiner||MTV||Washington, D.C.||Product Management for Desktop|
|No-Jun Park||Tony Chung||MTV||Moz Toronto||Firefox OS QA|
|Tiffanie Shakespeare||Jaime Chen||Portland||Portland||Interaction Designer, FFOS|
|Paul Kerr||Maire Reavy||Mountain View||Remote - CA||Senior Platform Engineer - WebRTC Media|
|Eli Perelman||Mike Lee||Mountain View||Remote - IA||Software Engineer|
|Hung Nguyen||Patryk Adamczyk||Toronto||Toronto||Firefox OS Visual Designer|
|Sherman Chen||SFO (Recording)||Taipei|
|Eric Tsai||SFO (Recording)||Taipei|
|Mike Lien||SFO (Recording)||Taipei|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Anthony Verez||Joe Stevensen||Joe Stevensen||Mountain View||Operations Security Team|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Automation & Tools
2014 goals are now available on the wiki here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/2014