IMPORTANT NOTICE : The FSA program is now set to transition to Campus Clubs
A new program is coming to campuses this September that is aligned with the existing Mozilla Clubs structure and will provide a unified model for participation on campuses around the world.
Mozilla Campus Clubs will be replacing the FSA program and so we won’t be accepting any new Firefox Student Ambassadors. The listed FSA Activities won’t be carried any more. You can find more information about the future of the program in this post, where you can also leave your questions.
Learn more about the Campus Clubs at: campus.mozilla.community
Student App of the Month
Thanks for your interest in submitting an HTML5 app for the 'Student App of the Month' Contest (that has already been submitted to the Firefox Marketplace). At the end of each month, the HTML5 app that receives the most votes by the FSA Executive Board is eligible to receive the following:
In order to be eligible to receive these rewards and recognition for your app, please first review the rules posted below. Any questions can be sent to email@example.com
The rules and regulations around who is eligible to participate in the contest can be found here.
An overview of the rules and regulations are featured below:
- You may only submit an app that you, yourself, have created
- All HTML5 apps submitted to the contest must have already been accepted into the Firefox Marketplace and tagged with #firefoxstudents (and each participant must be able to provide proof that it has been accepted)
- All apps must be submitted by the date detailed in the newsletter in order to be considered for the contest. All submissions that come in after that date will not be considered for the prizes.
- All apps must be submitted in the manner outlined in the newsletter in order to be placed on the ballot
- Only registered Firefox Student Ambassadors are eligible to submit an HTML5 app for the contest
- Firefox Student Ambassadors are only allowed to submit ONE app for consideration each month. If you submit more than ONE app to the contest, none of the apps you submit will be eligible.
- Winners will be selected by the FSA Executive Board based on the adherence of the app to the theme selected for that month.
- Winners of the contest will be notified within ten days of the contest's completion and will be responsible for providing an address to which the prize will be shipped within the following month
- Please note that the splendid swag is available only if we get 5+ Entries in the monthly contest.
How to Enter
To enter, please do the following:
- 1. Create an app that aligns with the theme (listed below)
- 2. Submit it to the Firefox Marketplace and tag the app submission with '#firefoxstudents'
- 3. Complete this form here
All entries for each month are due by 30th of that Month(Eg:- for Septmeber last date is 30th September.)
We would like to make the development easier by sharing Mozilla Appmaker for beginners and the collection of Video tutorials by our developer team for developers to start well.
Here we would like to share the official tutorials developed by experts in Firefox OS application development.
Show Your Demo
For more details check out Demo Studio|MDN
- December: Merry Christmas - Christmas time is on! Develop a Firefox OS App with Christmas theme and submit it to the marketplace.Make a gift selector,message hub,picture editors,shop finders and a lot more. Get creative!
Deadline: December 31st,2015
Theme: Develop an Application using Device Storage API(Accessing images,files etc).Get Creative!