- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x92 Conf# 8600
- sip:firstname.lastname@example.org or, for some clients, sip:email@example.com (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Huge thanks to Chris Turra, Craig Cook et al for migrating the Hacks blog to a centralized instance of Wordpress (LDAP login FTW!) and for their ongoing responsiveness. For more migration info: https://wiki.mozilla.org/HacksPostMigrationUserDetails. Other Hacks blog questions? Please contact Havi Hoffman.
- Congratulations to Rigin Oommen, Marketplace contributor of the month for November! Rigin is an engineering student, author of 10 apps on Firefox Marketplace, a member of the Community App Curation Board, and also contributes to Webmaker, Location Services, Localization, SUMO, and MDN. https://blog.mozilla.org/apps/2014/12/08/november-contributor-of-the-month-rigin-oommen/
(Update for Portuguese / Brazilian Mozillians) clique aqui se você quiser saber mais sobre como o Firefox está trazendo carga de Gabriel Medina para o Campeonato de Surf para público português on-line esta semana. obrigado (translation via Google Translate)
Monday, 15 December
- 6-8pm PST in SF Commons and via Air Mozilla.
- Food and beverages provided.
- Join Startup Policy Lab, Creative Commons, Hackers/ Founders, and Mozilla for a panel on Copyright Law and the challenges to innovation.
Tuesday, 16 December
- Join us for the last Marketplace community meeting of 2014 at 10am Pacific! https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace/Community/Meetings
Wednesday, 17 December
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup
- Chicago, Portland, and San Francisco (@MozSF 1st floor)!
- 17:30-18:30 Writing Hour
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup & hack night
Any questions? See the wiki page for details or join IRC: http://indiewebcamp.com/irc/today?beta#bottom
Be independent with your web browser and your web site.
Create or update your personal site — wherever you host it, shared, VPS, or at home; static, dynamic, WordPress, or other software.
Join a gathering of people with like-minded interests. Bring your friends that want to start a personal web site.
Thursday, 18 December
Friday, 19 December
Saturday, 20 December
Sunday, 21 December
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
Speaker Location: Asa Dotzler in MTV
- It's been three weeks since I updated y'all on the latest happenings in Firefox OS.
- 203 people made 451 changes to Firefox OS. 9 people made first-time contributions to Firefox OS, including:
- Gary Chen fixed 1096236 Remove "alternateLayoutOverwrite" in Arabic layout definition
- Terrence Cole fixed 1101921 GGC nursery size is too large on B2G
- Ralph Giles fixed 1105858 Bump libvpx to work-around arm toolchain bugs
- Brian Weeteling fixed 960259 [Keyboard] German esset character "ß" is inconsistent and included in non-German keyboards.
- Tooru Fujisawa fixed 1100812 flash.sh - run adb root before flashing gecko
- No-Jun Park fixed 1093874 Create a new test case for loading a mix of valid/invalid image files into Gallery App and 1100390 Create a new test case for the deletion of video from Preview
- Jay Wang fixed 1105452 [gonk-l] Need to use new Audio system APIs for audio offload playback
- Cykesiopka fixed 978426 test_sts_preloadlist_perwindowpb.js | application crashed [@ mozilla::storage::Connection::~Connection] on B2G ICS Emulator Debug only and 1109245 Modify test_keysize_ev.js to run on B2G
- Oleksiy Avramchenko fixed 1108965 Call Set constructor with "new".
- Other notable fixes include:
- 1055897 - [settings] add settings dialog support
- 1097421 - [email] Upgrade email.js omnibus bug
- 1102208 - It takes long time to turn on FM Radio in Flame
- 1102967 - Need some way to mark an email as unread while viewing it
- 1069157 - [PDF Viewer] Update pdf.js in Gaia
- 1042673 - Automatic brightness needs some hysteresis
- 1100192 - [Keyboard][Handwriting] Add words prediction feature
- 1105850 - (App-Grouping) Add visual cue for app placement.
- Interesting Firefox OS discussions:
Speaker Location: Garvan Keeley, Toronto
- Thank you from Location Services to Portland stumblers
- Map of new covered areas: http://bit.ly/1xlEo44
- If you'd like to participate, you can install the Mozilla Stumbler Android app from Google's Android Play Store.
Speaker Location: Mountain View
This week we launched the WebRTC Competency Center initiative, and our first partner Telenor held a successful event in Oslo, Norway.
The announcement was done on our blog: https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/12/09/mozilla-and-telenor-announce-webrtc-competency-center-to-advance-webrtc-and-help-standardization/
Andreas also posted a supporting piece on his personal blog: http://andreasgal.com/2014/12/09/it-takes-many-to-build-the-web-we-want/
Speaker Location: Andrew Sliwinski, PDX (Remote)
- Bangladesh Field Report
- http://mzl.la/bangladesh [PDF]
- Webmaker for Android & FFOS:
- Firefox: http://mzl.la/ffos
- Android: http://mzl.la/android
- Source: https://github.com/mozillafordevelopment/webmaker-app
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Dave Steer||Director of Advocacy||Ford-Mozilla Open Web Fellows - final call for applications!||San Francisco||yes||-||mozilla.org/advocacy|
|William Reynolds||Product Manager, Community Tools||Tis the perfect time to vouch on Mozillians.org||San Francisco||No||-||FAQ about Vouching|
|Doug Turner||Mr.||WeProtect||Mountain View||No||-|
|Liz Compton||Legal Affairs Manager||Legal Team 2014 Report||Mountain View||no||https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/presentation/d/1iXZ118jKLAdKh9wXyQzIz_aPGfXVZYgSyYLMmTRxGuQ/edit#slide=id.p||https://mana.mozilla.org/wiki/display/LGL/Legal+Resources+Home|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Alessio Placitelli (aka Dexter on IRC)||Read-only introduction: Alessio is a Mozilla volunteer who will now be a paid contributor working on Firefox data collection, analysis, and user support engineering: things like Firefox Health report, telemetry, self-support, and other tools. picture||Italy||Firefox Data Collection, Analysis, and User Support Engineering|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.