- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x92 Conf# 8600
- sip:email@example.com or, for some clients, sip:firstname.lastname@example.org (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Congrats to Irvin Chen (@irvin) for being the Rep of the month. Thank you for all your hard work! Read more on discourse.
- Big thank you to all mozillians present at FOSDEM this last weekend helping at the booth, in the devroom or having a talk!
- Congrats to awesome former rep Benny Chandra for helping the Jakarta Post, Indonesia's leading daily English language newspaper, to launch their official app for Firefox OS. Thank you Benny!
- Thank you to Gio for lending a hand in triaging Get Involved inquiries for Marketplace. Because of Gio, interested contributors are getting responses much quicker!
- Add-ons has surpassed 4 billion downloads (4,082,661,992 as of this morning)! Cheers to all of the developers who have contributed their time and talent to making Firefox the most customizable browser available, and to the millions of people using it.
Monday, 02 February
- JFokus Developers Conference from Feb 2nd-4th in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Sweden's largest conference
- Florian Scholz speaking on the needs of the modern web: The modern web needs a better programming language and at the same time, there is no way the current one could break existing code on the web.
Tuesday, 03 February
The Forward 2 Web Technology Summit workshops are Tues Feb 3 + Thurs Feb 5 with the main conference happening on Wed Feb 4. Mozilla SF is hosting a workshop on Tues & Thurs, an all-day "deep dive into JS Fundamentals" taught by Bianca Gandolfo and teaching assistants.
If you're interested in attending the conference and workshop, register at http://forwardjs.com using discount code mozillian-js-fundamentals. This is good for 5 tickets. Make sure you select the "Sessions + 2 day training" ticket and then select "Bianca Gandolfo 2 Day - JS Fundamentals: Objects, Arrays, Functions & Intro to Functional JS" for the class during checkout.
If you're interested in attending only the conference, register using discount code mozillian-forward. This is good for 5 tickets as well.
Finally, if you miss out on the free 5 tix, you can still get $40 off by using the code "Mozilla-40" when you register.
Wednesday, 04 February
- A WednesdayDocs, an evening spent together, both staff and community members, hacking on MDN or writing documentation is happening in both the Paris and London office. Pre-registration needed: http://www.meetup.com/MDN-Wednesday-Docs
- Mobile Central Europe 2015 from Feb 4th-6th in Warsaw, Poland
- Lucas Rocha attending
- MCE started as a conference for developers by developers. This year, we are expanding our horizons to include all mobile creators - developers, designers and tech leaders. We are interested in details, hidden mechanisms, in short - everything behind the scenes that makes the user go WOW! when they download an app.
- The AMMO team is having our monthly open chat session at 10:30 Pacific. Come and chat with us about the virtuous circle of contribution, and the value you'd like to get out of contributing: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace/AMMO#AMMO_Team_Open_Chat_Sessions
Thursday, 05 February
- The U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is expected to take a critical vote on net neutrality rules on February 26th. The outcome will have global implications, and could change the nature of the Web. Mozilla has been actively working on this issue for nearly a year, and beginning Feb 5th Mozilla is launching an urgent campaign to connect US citizens with their elected officials before the big FCC vote. Every voice counts, stay tuned for more about this campaign, and announcements in future project calls.
Friday, 06 February
Saturday, 07 February
Sunday, 08 February
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- Search update (from Kemptville Kev, no relation to Punxsutawney Phil or Wiarton Willie)
- Firefox Hello Updates (from Arcadio in SF) *** Play Video***
Speaker Location: Candice Serran - Mountain View
Current 2.2 Release:
- L Porting, Privacy, Copy/Paste, RTL
- Based on Gecko 37
- Find release features based on feature-b2g flag in bugzilla
- Next milestone: Feature Landing (FL) - 2/23
- 2.2 Feature Tracking wiki: https://wiki.mozilla.org/FirefoxOS/TwoDotTwoTracking/Dashboard
V3 ideation & refinement:
- We've been working on new features and ideas for FirefoxOS - thanks for those who participated!
- Next steps: Refinement phase by CoreOS UX/Product/Architecture teams
Speaker Location: Darren Herman, NYC
- Our Brown Bag, "How Advertising Works (from Content Services)" is tentatively scheduled for Weds Feb 11 at 10am ET on Air.Mozilla.
- We will give a short presentation and have Q&A with attendees.
- The session will be recorded, and we may do a follow-up brown bag if there is enough demand.
- Members of Content Services and Denelle Dixon-Thayer will be at the IAB Annual Leadership event February 8-10
- meeting with ad-tech, publisher, and advertisers about our roadmap and request for innovation
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|dveditz||Click-to-play advocate||Flash Zero Day! Again!||No|
|Kev||Search Stuff||Update on Yahoo||My Basement||No||kev at mozilla|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Jane Hsu||Christina Lu||Recording||Taipei, Taiwan||Dir. Product Mktng & Go-to-market, Mobile Devices|
|John Dorlus||Bhavana Bajaj||Mountain View||Remote - Orlando (currently in MV)||FirefoxOS Automation|
|Michael Heldt||Winnie Aoieong||San Francisco||San Francisco Office||Finance business partner for 8 product and product support groups|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.