- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x92 Conf# 8600
- sip:firstname.lastname@example.org or, for some clients, sip:email@example.com (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 4.1.1 Firefox
- 4.1.2 Platform
- 4.1.3 Cloud Services
- 4.1.4 Content Services
- 4.1.5 Webmaker
- 4.1.6 Messaging
- 4.1.7 Mobile
- 4.1.8 IT
- 4.1.9 Release Engineering
- 4.1.10 QA
- 4.1.11 Automation & Tools
- 4.1.12 Security
- 4.1.13 Engagement
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- dbaron for his tireless efforts to keep us aligned on timezones and their "spring" changes
- Thanks to Barry Munsterteiger, Bogdan L, pmac, Ty Flanagan, Sean Rich, Justin Dow, Jake Maul, Jen Bertsch, Joel Braddock, and the whole of the Creative Teams and IT Teams for their tireless work over the past year, culminating in the launch of the DAM last week!
- Saurabh Nair, volunteer contributor, who published his first Hacks blog post last month: Introducing @counter style: https://hacks.mozilla.org/2015/02/introducing-counter-styles/ - and all the other Mozillians who've been writing for the Hacks blog this year! Thank you.
- Congrats the newest Friend of Marketplace, the indefatigable Gio! https://blog.mozilla.org/apps/2015/03/04/friend-of-marketplace-giovanny-gongora/
- A big welcome to 7 new members of the app review team who will help things run more smoothly on Marketplace by moderating user reviews:
- Parag Das
- Mohammad Yaseen Khan
- Kumar Rishav
- Zobayer Ahmed Khan
- Chandan Kumar Baba
- Victor Bjelkholm
- Shez would like to thank all the people who worked tirelessly on MWC and GDC (both happened last week!). This goes to people onsite in Barcelona and SF, and behind the scenes to make these events a tremendous success! Pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mozillaeu/
Monday, 09 March
Tuesday, 10 March
- Bi Monthly Contributors Meeting this event will be bi monthly as the last one was a good success, from 10:00 (10am) to 12:00 (noon 12:00PM)
Wednesday, 11 March
Demo of the new Mozilla Digital Asset Management (DAM) System :
Wednesday, March 11 on Air Mozilla - 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET / 4 PM GMT
Come see how YOU can have access to all of the creative assets, like design projects, presentations and logos for any of your creative needs!
More DAM Info
Announcement Blog Post
Air Mozilla Event Listing (Demo)
The Joy of Coding: Episode 5:
Wednesday, March 11 on Air Mozilla - 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET / 5 PM GMT
Curious to know what it's like working on Firefox Desktop? Watch a Mozilla engineer hack on Firefox LIVE, and try to explain what's happening as he goes along. You'll laugh! You'll cry! You'll hopefully see some bugs getting fixed.
Homebrew Website Club Meetup Be independent with your web browser and your web site.
- San Francisco (@TheCreamerySF), Portland (MozPDX), and Chicago.
- 17:30-18:30 Writing Hour
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup & hack night
Any questions? See the wiki page for details
Create or update your personal web site — wherever you host it, shared, VPS, or at home; static, dynamic, WordPress, or other software.
Join a community with like-minded interests. Bring friends that want a personal site!
or join IRC: http://indiewebcamp.com/irc/today?beta#bottom
Thursday, 12 March
Friday, 13 March
Saturday, 14 March
Sunday, 15 March
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox and Cloud Services
Speaker Location: Eric Petitt, SF
- Eric Petitt (SF)
- Marketing update
- Q1 SEM program
- Goal: Dislodge Firefox hijacked builds from ads and acquire new downloads.
- Results: Millions of downloads, good cost-per-download, hijackers now running in circles.
- Q2 program in the works.
- Q1 SEM program
- Marketing update
Speaker Location: Rick Fant, MTV Slides here
Speaker Location: Azita Rashed, MV & Michael Bebenita, SF
Shumway Update: Shumway is now enabled by default in Nightly on amazon.com and imdb.com for Flash video content, give it a try and give us feedback. Up next, we'll be focusing on Flash ads, targeting FF40.
Speaker Location: Michelle Thorne in Berlin. To share Learning Networks updates.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Diane Tate||Program Manager, MDN||The MDN Fellowship (Pilot) - Applications due April 1||Mozilla San Francisco||n/a||n/a||https://hacks.mozilla.org/2015/03/mdnfellowshiplaunch/ + please spread the word: A Tweet for RTing: https://twitter.com/mozappsdev/status/573203879292112897 (Use #MDNFellowship)|
|Jess Amann||HRBP- People Team||TRIBE is back for 2015! Registration is open!||Mozilla San Francisco||No||n/a||TRIBE Wiki|
|Jill and Kyle||University Team||University Network Survey||Mozilla San Francisco||None||None||http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2003078/University-Networking|
|Lizz Noonan (lmn)||Brand Engagement||DAM Launch and Demo||Remote (Vidyo)||Please screenshare: http://assets.mozilla.org||Announcement post: http://mzl.la/1E6mYsO||Air Mozilla listing: https://air.mozilla.org/digital-asset-management-system-demo/|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteers||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteers location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Kevin Zawacki, Communications Manager with the Foundation||Paul Johnson||San Francisco||Brooklyn & remote||Communications, messaging and PR for all Foundation initiatives|
|George Roter||Mark Surman||Toronto||Toronto||Participation Lab (formerly 'task force') - experimenting with new approaches and developing a way forward for the participation strategy and team|
|Munro Chaing||Vincent Liu||(Recording)||Taipei, Taiwan||Firefox OS (Multimedia)|
|Hayden Huang||Viral Wang||(Recording)||Taipei, Taiwan||Firefox OS (Multimedia)|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- How Advertising Works: Programmatic is scheduled for Monday March 23rd at 4pm ET.
- Darren Herman and Jason Schmidt will be giving a 40-minute presentation on the programmatic ad space, how it works, what it does and how it impacts users.
- This session will be recorded for those who can't make that time.
- Find out more here: https://air.mozilla.org/how-advertising-works-programmatic/
- Teach The Web Talks: The newest episode of the Teach The Web Talks podcast has been released! Learn how to use photography to tell the story of your events, your work, and your organizations. Listen and subscribe at mzl.la/TTWpodcasts
Automation & Tools
- Do you haiku? April 17 is International Haiku Poetry Day. In honor of this event, we’ll be publishing a call for haikus from Firefox social media followers. Our topic: The Internet and/or the Web. To kick it off, we’ll publish a haiku or two to our fans. If we receive enough internal submissions, we’ll add them as Firefox comments throughout the day. You're invited to submit haikus here. You're also welcome to add your haikus to the @Firefox Twitter and Facebook conversations on 4/17.