« previous week | index | next week »
- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 <meta>
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Friends of Mozilla
- Thanks to FxOS RTL developer, Arabic Mozilla contributor & #MozTechSpeaker Ahmed Nefzaoui for his first Hacks blog post: Building RTL-Aware Web Apps & Websites: Part 1
- Thanks to #MozTechSpeaker Rabimba Karanjai for speaking at JSFoo in Bangalore last week, about " A self learning word prediction module for handling multilingual input" (for FxOS), and then hosting a dev community meetup in Hyderabad
- Thanks to #MozTech Speakers Andrzej Mazur, Flaki, Andre Fiedler, also Dietrich Ayala and many Berlin Mozillians for their work at JSConf EU, Reject.js, Berlin TV HackDay
- Thanks to #MozTechSpeaker and MDN contributor Francesco Iovine, who gave his first conference talk at Over the Air (mobile conf) in the UK this past weekend!
Monday, 28 September
Tuesday, 29 September
- 10am pacific - Add-ons and Marketplace Community meeting: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace/Community/Meetings
Wednesday, 30 September
Thursday, 01 October
- Paris Web starts Oct 1-3 in Paris, France
- Paris Web 10th Edition! is a 3-day, not-for-profit event with conferences & workshops about webdesign, accessibility and best-practices in web development.
- Mozillian Mathieu Pillard + Julien Wajsberg + Dietrich Ayala attending and demoing games, VR, dev tools, webIDE to 800+ attendees
- Firefox for iOS demo event in the Toronto Commons. Starting at 6 p.m., come by and meet the Firefox for iOS team, see how the product works and enjoy some tasty treats.
Friday, 02 October
- inGenius 2015, Bangalore, India.
- inGenius is one of Bangalore's prominent college-level hackathon. The aim is to foster and bring up the developer community in colleges as well as provide them a platform to showcase their maker skills. It's an event where people from all India take part to create and build products of value.
- Reps: Kaustav das Modak, Saikiran Chandha, Santosh Viswanatham.
- More information in the Reps Event Page
Saturday, 03 October
Sunday, 04 October
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox and Cloud Services
John Bernard (remote)
Dominik Strohmeier, Berlin, Germany (remote)
- The Firefox OS Metrics works with Firefox OS product teams to prioritize work and to improve product features, e.g.
- help Firefox OS Product teams to understand, for example, the importance of different features in different countries
- help Firefox Marketplace teams to identify popular apps per locale
- Find our more about our framework and the roadmap here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox_OS/Metrics
- Help us to learn more about usage of Firefox OS by switching on "Submit data" on your Firefox OS devices under your Settings > Improve Firefox OS (this requires Firefox OS v2.1 or higher)
- Interested: reach out to Ravi Dandu, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Dominik Strohmeier, email@example.com
Joe Cheng, Mountain View
- TV Marketplace workshop will be happening this week 9/29-9/30 in Mountain View
- Fennec to TV use cases
- Send video to TV
- Send URL to TV
- Presentation API for 2nd screen use cases
- Remote Control integration with TV and the fennec to TV experience
- Firefox Account integration with TV Browser
- Bookmark/Password/History for Datasync
- Pocket integration with TV Browser
- TV development board getting all the pieces together for internal team use
- TV simulator to be available in WebIDE by next week
- DEMO: Remote Control prototyping completed. Demo video: http://bit.ly/1Fa2ST1
- DEMO: TV Simulator is still on going. Demo video: http://bit.ly/1Fa2V1b
- Refer to TV 2.5 Wiki for latest status: https://wiki.mozilla.org/TV_2.5
Mozilla Learning Networks
Robert Bryan Friedman, Chicago (remote): The Foundation has just released its latest research report, an exploration of how youth in Chicago use and understand the mobile Web. mzl.la/chicago
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Potch||Tech Evangelist Dev Rel||View Source Conference||Mountain View||no||viewsourceconf.org||View Source Conference is happening Nov 2-4 in Portland, OR. Spread the word - Early bird tickets are still on sale. Tweet @viewsourceconf, #viewsource. We are also looking for regional volunteers! Direct volunteer form: https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/forms/d/1j8FtvYQlhHo5U-kUYRob3j8DdvMuBbjQRED36b6sPDE/viewform, Link via website: https://viewsourceconf.org/contact-us/|
|Benjamin Smedberg||Engineering Manager, Mozilla Firefox||Retirement of Steven Michaud||Vidyo||No||https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/presentation/d/1xnLGDjzx-uCpOJfSgU2Muf-fzUjlNUMw6czHf_lge2k/edit?usp=sharing|
|Larissa Shapiro||Engineering Program Manager, Mozilla Firefox||Outreachy Program Applications Now Open!||Vidyo||No||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Outreachy/2016/December_to_March||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Outreachy/2016/December_to_March|
|Mike Hoye||Engineering Community Manager||Onramp||Toronto||No||http://areweeveryoneyet.org/onramp||How easy can we make it to get started?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Mariot Tsitoara||Amy Tsay||MV||Madagascar||App reviews for Marketplace|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Mark Liang||Harley Hsu||(Recording)||Taiwan||UX Design|
|Astley Chen||Thinker Lee||(Recording)||Taiwan||Software Engineering|
|Iris Hsiao||Gary Cheng||(Recording)||Taiwan||Senior QA Engineer|
|Tina Pan||Emily Hu||(Recording)||Taiwan||Accountant|
|Christine Lin||Emily Hu||(Recording)||Taiwan||Accountant|
|Julie McCracken||Candice Serran||Mountain View||Remote (San Diego)||Senior Program Manager, FirefoxOS|
|Punam Dahiya||Hema Koka||Mountain View||Mountain View||Sr. Front End Software Engineer|
|Belén Albeza González||Soledad Penadés Comadrán||London office||Barcelona||Technical Evangelist|
|Michael Nolan||Andy McKay||Vancouver||Remote||Web Engineer, Add-ons|
|Philipp Kewisch||Amy Tsay||Mountain View||Germany||Admin add-on reviewer, part time|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.