- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x2000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x2000 Conf# 8600
- sip:firstname.lastname@example.org or, for some clients, sip:email@example.com (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 <meta>
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thanks to Francisco Picolini for his endless patience with questions from many, many Mozillians about visas, Participation leaders processes', and making arrangements for Global Gatherings
- Alba, Daniel, Manuel, Javier and the rest of the awesome Mozilla Hispano localization team who are translating the Apps & Hacks developer newsletter to Spanish. ¡Gracias!: https://hacks.mozilla.org/newsletter
- Rachel McGuigan, Rina Jensen, Krupa Raj, Marcia Knous, Lizz Noonan, Larissa Shapiro, Ilana Segall, Lindsay Saunders and Anar Simpson, for taking time to mentor our TechWomen Emerging Leaders this month. Look for the Emerging Leaders from five nations in the Middle East, Central Asia, and North Africa around the SF and MTV offices during October!
Monday, 05 October
Tuesday, 06 October
- Webdev Extravaganza: 10:00 AM Pacific in the Webdev Vidyo (Open to the public)
- Stream on Air Mozilla: https://air.mozilla.org/webdev-extravaganza-october-2015/
- Monthly get-together for anyone in Mozilla interested in web development. Updates on shipped projects, libraries we're working on, and more!
- Homebrew Website Club Meetups in Europe
Wednesday, 07 October
- Firefox OS meetup: a monthly meetup to gather parisian Firefox OS enthusiasts. This month Dietrich Ayala, Wilson Page and Guillaume Marty are speaking.
- Networking Workshop in the SF office for the TechWomen program - 98 technical women from the Middle East, Africa, and Central Asia are in the bay area for month long professional mentorships (6 at Mozilla) and many of them will be in our commons to practice professional networking skills, mingle, and eat appetizers, all Mozillians are welcome to meet them! 6:30 pm, SF commons.
- Homebrew Website Club Meetups US (every other Wednesday)
- Be independent with your web browser and your web site.
- Portland (at Beulahland), and
San Francisco (at MozSF 1st fl Java room, host: Tantek Çelik)
- 17:30-18:30 Writing Hour
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup & hack night
Any questions? See the wiki page for details
Create or update your personal web site!
Share what you've gotten working, ask for help where you're stuck.
Join a community with like-minded interests. Bring friends that want a personal site!
or join IRC: http://indiewebcamp.com/irc/today?beta#bottom
Thursday, 08 October
Friday, 09 October
Saturday, 10 October
Sunday, 11 October
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox and Cloud Services
Speaker Location: mfinkle - remote
Firefox for Android
- Click-to-view images landed in Nightly
- Search history suggestions land on Nightly & a glimpse of some UI Telemetry in a blog post
- A/B Testing a new onboarding flow lands on Nightly, could be enabled on Fx43
Peter Dolanjski, Ontario, Canada (remote)
- Participation pathways:
- Foxfooding (objective: Increase product quality, innovation ideas)
- Porting (objective: Increase Firefox OS availability)
- B2GDroid (objective: Increase number of foxfooders)
- Gaia development (objective: Increase product quality, reduce parity gap, innovation ideas)
- Paris meetup last week very productive --> updated and consolidated overall strategy and plan for Q4
- Reviewing results of feedback for foxfooding program and working on ways to scale to larger community audience. Stay tuned.
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Jeff Bryner||Director of Infosec||Michal` Purzynski appointed to Bro IDS Leadership team.||Moz PDX office||no||n/a||n/a|
|Potch||That Guy from the Podium||View Source Conference||Mountain View||no||viewsourceconf.org||Tickets are on sale NOW! Register now for View Source- Mozilla's first Web Development conference. Spread the word - Mozilla Portland Office, we need you to help get local volunteers! Help spread the word. Direct volunteer form: https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/forms/d/1j8FtvYQlhHo5U-kUYRob3j8DdvMuBbjQRED36b6sPDE/viewform, Link via website: https://viewsourceconf.org/contact-us/|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Lara, Mutriba, Esraa, Alaa, Ayah, Kumba, Techwomen Emerging Leaders!||Techwomen Mentors||Mountain View and San Francisco||Mountain View/SF this month and then Lebanon, Gaza, Egypt, Sierra Leone, Tajikistan and beyond||Building community in Lebanon, Gaza, Egypt, Sierra Leone, Tajikistan|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Isabel Rios Escobar||Pallavi Yaramada||Mountain View||Spain||Sr. Mobile QA Engineer|
|Heather Crince||Sean Rich||Mountain View||San Francisco||Senior Product Manager|
|Franziskus Kiefer||Christoph Kerschbaumer||Mountain View||Berlin Office||Security Engineer|
|Juan Gómez Mosquera||Gregor Wagner||Berlin Office||Berlin Office||Senior Platform Engineer|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Automation & Tools
In your inbox right now is an invitation to come to Mozilla Festival 2015, taking place from the 6th- 8th of November at Ravensbourne College. Joins us in London as we bring together networks and community leaders working towards universal web literacy to share practices, tools and experiences. Details of how to get involved or register for tickets can be found in the email or on the wiki page