- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Thursday, December 3, 2015 - December Brantina @ Mozilla MV + AirMozilla
- 1.4 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.5 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 <meta>
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 3.1.1 Firefox
- 3.1.2 Platform
- 3.1.3 Cloud Services
- 3.1.4 Messaging
- 3.1.5 Mobile
- 3.1.6 IT
- 3.1.7 Release Engineering
- 3.1.8 QA
- 3.1.9 Engineering Productivity (Automation & Tools)
- 3.1.10 Security
- 3.1.11 Engagement
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- F3real, MikeLing and Xenny for their contributions to Mozci's quarter of contribution improving quality of code and adding more features. Also thanks to adusca and vaibhav1994 for helping review contributor's pull requests.
- Abbie Woods and Tony Recendez for stepping in to help with whatever we needed for our new hire onboarding pilot last week in MV. You are the bestest.
- Reddit user DrDichotomous for contributing reasoned and thoughtful responses to discussions on the Firefox subreddit.
- Thank you Kohei for creating the Thunderbird version of the Get the Add-on button!
- Thanks to Nino Vranešič for making a dent in the privileged apps queue!
Monday, 23 November
Tuesday, 24 November
6pm UK / 5pm UTC / 10am PT
- Topic: "Privacy for Normal People"
Mozilla cares deeply about user control. But designing products that protect users is not always obvious. Sometimes products give the illusion of control and security while in reality offer little or none - a practice security expert Bruce Schneier calls "security theatre." On the web, icons or other elements of design may assure users while not accurately reflecting the true status of the users' privacy. Ultimately this risks eroding user trust.
Our speaker, an experienced product designer, will share findings of work she did in financial services to help us better design our products to accurately reflect a users' status and options on the web, building increased confidence and trust.
Kat Matfield is a digital product and service designer. She's worked with start-ups and large corporates to help make innovative new digital services or improve existing ones. In 2014, she spent most of the year researching and designing a new privacy product targeted at normal internet users. She's fascinated by all the areas of life in which people believe strange things and behave irrationally – and there's few better examples of this than privacy.
- Host: James Graham
- The last Add-ons and Marketplace community meeting of 2015! Agenda: https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/ammo-community-meeting-112415
Wednesday, 25 November
Thursday, 26 November
- How to Web Nov 26th + 27th in Bucharest Romania
- How to Web is one of the most important innovation and technology conference in South Eastern Europe. It brings together 1000+ innovators, startup founders, product managers, devs, online marketers, and community leaders from all around.
- John Bernard as keynote speaker. Mozillians Flaki, Gabriel, GMarty will be at the Gadgets booth to demo games and webVR.
Friday, 27 November
Saturday, 28 November
Sunday, 29 November
Thursday, December 3, 2015 - December Brantina @ Mozilla MV + AirMozilla
Optimizing for Uncertainty: Deciding and Moving Quickly The web is increasingly complex and dynamic. In the natural realm, 'complex adaptive systems’ allow for flux and change in tumultuous environments. Our December speaker will draw on these models to illustrate how modern organizations can decide and move quickly.
Mike will share how leading tech and product organizations are not simply adapting to increased change, but innovating and thriving in these dynamic environments by:
- operating around networks vs hierarchies
- distributing authority
- processing information effectively
- embracing structured and facilitated methods for collecting feedback and gaining consent on group action.
- Speaker: Mike Arauz is a Founding Member and Acting President at August, a New York based consulting firm that builds high-performing teams for the world’s most meaningful missions. Previously, Mike was a Partner at Undercurrent, where he worked with leaders of global companies to transform how their organizations work and thrive in the 21st century, including GE, Pearson, and The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Mike is also a co-author of the Responsive.org manifesto and a leading contributor to the global self-management and future of work movement.
- AirMozilla link
- Host: Jim Cook, CFO, Mozilla
- Recommended pre-watch: Mitchell’s 2nd Portland Keynote on Decisionmaking: https://air.mozilla.org/mozlandia-day-2-mitchell-baker/
- Questions: Submit questions for Mike during the event on IRC #AirMozilla.
- Hashtag: #brantina
Reminder: these events are open. Please invite your colleagues live or to the stream!
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox and Cloud Services
Andrea Wood, remote: Introducing the Foundation's end-of-year fundraising campaign. Learn more at fundraising.mozilla.org.
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Amy Tsay||Add-ons community manager||e10s office hours||MV||No||http://atsay.github.io/e10s_office_hours/||https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2015/11/23/test-your-add-ons-for-multi-process-firefox-compatibility/|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Raegan MacDonald||Chris Riley||San Francisco||Remote (Brussels)||Public Policy in the EU|
|Heather West||Chris Riley||San Francisco||Remote (Washington, DC)||Public Policy in the Americas|
|Chris Hartjes||Stuart Philp||Toronto Office||Toronto Office||Senior QA Engineer|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.