- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x2000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x2000 Conf# 8600
- sip:firstname.lastname@example.org or, for some clients, sip:email@example.com (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.2.1 This Week
- 1.2.2 Monday, 30 November
- 1.2.3 Tuesday, 01 December
- 1.2.4 Wednesday, 02 December
- 1.2.5 Thursday, 03 December
- 1.2.6 Friday, 04 December
- 1.2.7 Saturday, 05 December
- 1.2.8 Sunday, 06 December
- 1.2.9 Next Week
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 <meta>
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 3.1.1 Firefox
- 3.1.2 Platform
- 3.1.3 Cloud Services
- 3.1.4 Messaging
- 3.1.5 Mobile
- 3.1.6 IT
- 3.1.7 Release Engineering
- 3.1.8 QA
- 3.1.9 Engineering Productivity (Automation & Tools)
- 3.1.10 Security
- 3.1.11 Engagement
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thanks to all the contributors who've been wowing developers by demoing WebVR all over Europe - carrying ~100lbs of setup from venue to venue and sharing the "can't touch this" experience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfEVuGWU3ZQ Shout out to Adrian, Andrzej, Flaki, Gabriel Mičko -- and the shipping staff who make it possible -- Jason, Mandy, Claire, Guillaume et al.
Monday, 30 November
Tuesday, 01 December
- W3C Social Web Working Group f2f meeting
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup Edinburgh, Scotland
Be a part of the open web with your own website.
Wednesday, 02 December
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup San Francisco
- at MozSF 1st floor, host: Tantek Çelik)
- 17:30-18:30 Writing hour
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup & hack night
Any questions? See the wiki page for details
Create or update your personal web site!
Share what you've gotten working, ask the experts questions.
Join a community with like-minded interests.
Bring friends that want a personal site!
or join IRC: http://indiewebcamp.com/irc/today?beta#bottom
Thursday, 03 December
December Brantina @ 9am PT / noon ET / 5pm UTC / Mozilla MV + AirMozilla
Optimizing for Uncertainty: Deciding and Moving Quickly
The web is increasingly complex and dynamic. In the natural realm, 'complex adaptive systems’ allow for flux and change in tumultuous environments. Our December speaker will draw on these models to illustrate how modern organizations can decide and move quickly. Mike will share how leading tech and product organizations are not simply adapting to increased change, but innovating and thriving in these dynamic environments by:
- operating around networks vs hierarchies
- distributing authority
- processing information effectively
- embracing structured and facilitated methods for collecting feedback and gaining consent on group action.
- Speaker: Mike Arauz is a Founding Member and Acting President at August, a New York based consulting firm that builds high-performing teams for the world’s most meaningful missions. Previously, Mike was a Partner at Undercurrent, where he worked with leaders of global companies to transform how their organizations work and thrive in the 21st century, including GE, Pearson, and The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Mike is also a co-author of the Responsive.org manifesto and a leading contributor to the global self-management and future of work movement.
- AirMozilla link
- Host: Jim Cook, CFO, Mozilla
- Recommended pre-watch: Mitchell’s 2nd Portland Keynote on Decisionmaking: https://air.mozilla.org/mozlandia-day-2-mitchell-baker/
- Questions: Submit questions for Mike during the event on IRC #AirMozilla.
- Hashtag: #brantina
Reminder: these events are open. Please invite your colleagues live or to the stream!
- German-speaking community bi-weekly meeting, 9pm CET (8pm UTC, 12pm PT) AirMozilla, IRC: #deMeeting
- More info: De/Meetings.
IndieWebCamp SF All Day Thursday
IndieWebCamp SF Hack Day - in the Mozilla Community Space SF
IndieWebCamp SF is an all day BarCamp ("unconference") on brainstorming and building the independent web.
No cost to attend, just bring your own website (or even just domain name), and optimism about how you too can be a part of the open web.
Mozillians participating: Tantek Çelik
Friday, 04 December
Saturday, 05 December
Sunday, 06 December
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
State of Mozilla
Speaker Locations: San Francisco (Denelle Dixon-Thayer) and Mountain View (Jim Cook)
Last week Mozilla released our annual State of Mozilla report.
- Denelle Dixon-Thayer will expand on some of the key partnerships and initiatives addressed in the report; and
- Jim Cook will look at how some of our work is reflected in our financial statements.
Firefox and Cloud Services
Kevin Zawacki, remote: We've just updated the Mozilla Gear Store with a slate of new items for the holidays.
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Larissa Shapiro||Diversity and Inclusion Program Manager||Outreachy Winter Kickoff!||Mountain View||yes||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Outreachy#ROUND_11 (or I can just read from it)||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Outreachy|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Lin Clark||Jen Fong-Adwent||Mountain View||Remote (Pittsburgh)||DevTools|
|Anthony Vaughn||Sheila Mooney||Mountain View||San Francisco||Games Program Management|
|Braden Dong||Jishnu Menon||Mountain View||Mountain View||Product/Commercial Counsel|
|Nichole Gibson||Michelle Marovich||Mountain View||Mountain View||University Recruiter|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
IT is hiring! Here are some of our open positions: